IGNORED

odyssey 2 problems

I just bought an Odyssey 2 from someone recently. This is my first odyssey 2. In fact, its the first odyssey Ive ever even seen in real life. Anyway, I have many games for it that I bought years ago. They are all boxed and are all in mint condition. so I know the games are ok, but the system is not working right. All I get is a black screen and white lines, and some beeps. Did anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions for cleaning the thing where the cartridges plug into?

My first O2 did they same thing and I couldn't fix it. I wound up buying another O2 console and the mulitcart...

and then selling it about 2 months later because there's like 3 decent games for the system and everything else is TERRIBLE. Unless you know you like those games or want it just for the collector in you, don't bother getting a working one. I'm sure some folks on here would disagree with me though:)

Unless you know you like those games or want it just for the collector in you, don't bother getting a working one. I'm sure some folks on here would disagree with me though:)

I certainly would. Anyone should at least play

Alien Invaders-PLUS! (read the instructions before playing and it'll grow on you)

Pick Axe Pete

Kill the Attacking Aliens

Turtles

Mr. Roboto

K.C. Munchkin

K.C.'s Crazy Chase

before even thinking of judging the system.

Unless you know you like those games or want it just for the collector in you, don't bother getting a working one. I'm sure some folks on here would disagree with me though:)

Alien Invaders-PLUS! (read the instructions before playing and it'll grow on you)

Pick Axe Pete

Turtles

Mr. Roboto

K.C. Munchkin

K.C.'s Crazy Chase

Of those I only had fun with the KC games. Turtles was OK but nothing special to me. I don't know what everybody else sees in PAP. It's always on people's lists as being good but I didn't find it to be any fun at all. Eh, to each his own.

Well, I don't have my o2 handy right now so I don't know if this even makes sense in relation to the o2 cart slot, but is there anything wrong with the cart slot itself? I had a similar problem with my Jag, and it turned out one pin had been bent somehow during shipping (weight on the box wedged the edge of a cart in there or something I guess). I bent it back in place with a needle and now the system works fine.

Edited by Atarifever

ironoc you asked,

I bent a couple of the pins trying to clan it. One of the pins is really out of wack now. Now Im mad at myself. Ill take it apart and clean it up. Hey, thats what this hobby is for, so really theres no seat. To be honest, I enjoy obtaining this old stuff and fixing it up. Thats what this hobby has always been about, as far as Im concerned.

Check the power supply voltages. The system may be perfectly fine and it's the power supply that's not feeding it the correct voltage. I've found some pretty dirty, long neglected O2 systems and they always worked and delivered a very clear and sharp picture. It's hard for NTSC users to properly evaluate the O2 since we missed out on so many games and arcade ports. I remember enjoying it as a kid at friends houses. The KC games are some of the best maze/dot games. How many other pac man type games allowed you to create your own mazes? I never got to try any of the games with the voice synth. I didn't even know they made one till a couple years ago. Those board game/cart combo games seem to be very sought after. I don't know how they play but I've heard they were fun.

• 9 years later...

Pick Axe Pete

Turtles

Mr. Roboto

K.C. Munchkin

K.C.'s Crazy Chase

You should be beaten for not mentioning UFO! Geez.

Thread from the dead.