IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

On 8/11/2024 at 9:20 PM, burkhart87 said:

This is allegedly coming my way this week.  It's an 800XL with a mod I haven't seen (the switch labeled "m" or "n").  It was part of an auction that included an 820 (😊), which I've been trying to find at a "reasonable" price for over two years.

800xl mod crop.jpg

Update: the switch on this XL disables ("m" position) or enables ("n" position) BASIC upon boot.  This is a feature I love; not having to hold down option all the time if the switch is set to "m". Sadly, it's too close to the SIO port to put it into "m" if there is a fujinet in the SIO ☹️.

The auction included another 800XL missing a spacebar.  Both boot to BASIC or DOS and output that puzzling 800XL B&W SVideo.  I used the UAV board in my other 800XLs and was happy with the results, so that is a possibility.  Not sure what I'm going to do with these yet.

XLs.thumb.JPG.1fb323564203f0e03133d96395abe25d.JPG

But the prize of the auction was this 820.  It's not working, but that's a topic for another thread.

820.thumb.JPG.9f97a2595cc781c701dcbad7233a35a5.JPG

Edited by burkhart87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, burkhart87 said:

Sadly, it's too close to the SIO port to put it into "m" if there is a fujinet in the SIO ☹️.

You don't need to put the Fujinet directly into the 800XL - I leave mine connected to the second port on my 1010 program recorder since it is the last in the chain, it has an extra unused port!

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a really nice Atari 400 with a B-Key keyboard.  It just needed a little clean-up.  Otherwise, it's in nice condition.  I do have to power it on to see if it works, of course.

I do find it odd it only had 16k of RAM installed.  There's no evidence of the RAM card being swapped out, either, as the system board would have had evidence of jumpers being installed.

Who puts a nice keyboard in a 400 and doesn't upgrade the RAM???

I'll have to upgrade this fellow to 1056k.   🙂

I am also thinking about updating OS-C and installing that OS so that it has some great features.   🙂

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2024 at 3:57 PM, Allan said:

I don't gamble much but I rolled the dice on this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/196622035916

And I lost. 90 percent of them were PC disks. Oh well. I did get some Portland Atari Club newsletters which I am in the process of scanning.

https://archive.org/details/portland-atari-club-computer-news-february-1989

https://archive.org/details/portland-atari-club-computer-news-february-1988/mode/2up

More to come at some point. They take a while to scan.

Finally received one of these:

Introduction to MIDI Programming

IntroductiontoMIDIProgramming.thumb.png.d9f4d23e7ed08b278fbb187ab2663fa7.png

A few months back I bought one for $29 and waited 2 weeks for it to arrive,  It never showed up so I contacted the seller and they checked their "warehouse" and replied back they didn't actually have one.  They raised the sold price to $138  https://www.ebay.com/itm/386789407064

Ever since then these books are being listed at $100 or higher,  but I bought this one for $29.85 :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tillek said:

Yep... it's a sickness.  I need help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/326259245093

Wow, that's steep. Should have bought one at the Atari fair in Cologne in 1993 or so. As I couldn't think of a reason to buy one with a TT already on my desk and the ST relegated to backup duties, I only took a button saying "I saw the world's fastet Atari ST".

5 hours ago, slx said:

Wow, that's steep. Should have bought one at the Atari fair in Cologne in 1993 or so. As I couldn't think of a reason to buy one with a TT already on my desk and the ST relegated to backup duties, I only took a button saying "I saw the world's fastet Atari ST".

Funny thing is... I already have one. :)

Bought an ESP8266 and one of these clock modules to add GCS Control to my GBS 8200 for my ST

CJMCU-5351 Si5351A Si5351 I2C Clock Signal Generator Breakout Board Module 🇬🇧  - Picture 1 of 4

I crossed my mind, this could be used maybe with an Arduino Nano to replace the PAL crystals which people say are difficult to get, just a thought :?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slx said:

Never know when you "need" a spare...

Well, the thing is, I am not 100% sure the other one works, because it arrived very damaged (you can see from the picture it is only held in place by those header rows in the CPU slot)  I got mine "installed" in a Mega 2, which... you can probably imagine... got "un-installed" in transit in a very violent way.  Took me years to actually figure out what those header rows were called and to get the right dot pitch (yeah, I didn't try very hard).  But then I found a thread here on AA where the seller seemed to have problems selling it.  And the fact he insured it (if I recall right, he didn't charge me for the insurance, which was odd) makes me question if the whole thing ever worked.  The last time I tried, the screen was black but I could hear key clicks and the "dings" from trying to move the mouse in the corner... so it's processing something.

So mostly, I am going to try installing this new one in another mega, and once it's working, I'll try the other to see if it's the SST that's bad, or the Mega 2 that the first one came with.

And who knows... Might send one to t0ri.

• Thanks 1

Just picked up and ST mouse and a 1010. The ST mouse is going to complete my 800xl-as-a-keyboard setup by not only sending keystrokes to my PC, but now also mouse input as well. The 1010 I'm going to design a stereo audio amp board for and add a switch to go between regular mode and stereo playback mode. My son and I are cassette collectors and I have quite a library, so it would be nice to play them back on the desk without having to permanently devote my walkman to the cause.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, LadyErrant said:

Just picked up and ST mouse and a 1010. The ST mouse is going to complete my 800xl-as-a-keyboard setup by not only sending keystrokes to my PC, but now also mouse input as well. The 1010 I'm going to design a stereo audio amp board for and add a switch to go between regular mode and stereo playback mode. My son and I are cassette collectors and I have quite a library, so it would be nice to play them back on the desk without having to permanently devote my walkman to the cause.

Sounds like a cool project...  I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about it when you're ready.

17 minutes ago, Bikerbob said:

WOW, nice one Tillek. I am at the point now where I will just admire. I cant buy more.. but I am very jelous of that and the the Big D. I love floppy drives!!!!

Looking like it might get here in time for the next Zoom chat....

On 8/19/2024 at 10:52 PM, burkhart87 said:

Update: the switch on this XL disables ("m" position) or enables ("n" position) BASIC upon boot.  This is a feature I love; not having to hold down option all the time if the switch is set to "m". Sadly, it's too close to the SIO port to put it into "m" if there is a fujinet in the SIO ☹️.

The auction included another 800XL missing a spacebar.  Both boot to BASIC or DOS and output that puzzling 800XL B&W SVideo.  I used the UAV board in my other 800XLs and was happy with the results, so that is a possibility.  Not sure what I'm going to do with these yet.

XLs.thumb.JPG.1fb323564203f0e03133d96395abe25d.JPG

But the prize of the auction was this 820.  It's not working, but that's a topic for another thread.

The modded 800XL has the XL Fix ROM from CSS from this thread: