IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

3 minutes ago, t.skid said:

I got this, not on eBay - the seller sold this also there - : it's the Ultra Saint , a cheaper version of the UltraSatan. It cost me just about 50 bucks with s&h. Maybe it's a little rough, but works like a charm 🙂

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

Wops... made a mistake... not 8 bit related 😛

Last thing 8 bit is an Atari 130xe sold as not working, beaten up and dirty. Just 30 bucks, with mt rams and a defective power switch. Now is back to life, repaired the power switch and removed all the non-working ram. Just need to replace the key, yet.

atarixe.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Occasionally, just occasionally Ebay sellers surprise you and you hook a real bargain. It's happened to me a few times in the last couple of years. Today was one of them and an early morning quick check of new listings netted me this for a very very low price. :)

Aside all the bundled extras I've been after a 400 with an after market mechanical keyboard for a while now. I've a few 400s already but with the original and notoriously awful membrane/touch keyboard. 

Sold as seen/not tested with no PSU or cables. I'll fix it if it turns out to have issues.

Looks in very good condition aesthetically. 

s-l1600 (4).jpg

• Like 6

On 10/10/2023 at 2:08 AM, Beeblebrox said:

Occasionally, just occasionally Ebay sellers surprise you and you hook a real bargain. It's happened to me a few times in the last couple of years. Today was one of them and an early morning quick check of new listings netted me this for a very very low price. :)

How very civil of you not to tempt us to fall into envy's arms by not divulging what little money you had to spend to get this bounty.

12 minutes ago, Overange said:

image.gif.324dd879f2ac04bc506bb0a0e5527ca3.gif

Na seriously, sometimes its having that quick eye for bargains. I just grabbed a CD32 gamepad that was listed as the SNES version for BIN 10 GBP, if you know your Honeybee Controllers then you know that the CD32 version is very sought after and tend to fetch a good price ;) 

• Like 1

I just did an impulse buy on two 800s a retro-seller picked up from an estate sale. Supposedly they're untested with no power supplies. The no power supplies thing seems a little odd since the seller has 400/800/1050 PSUs for sale elsewhere. Still, the one in the pictures looks to be in relatively decent shape, if a little dirty. There were no pictures of the second unit but it was described as being in similar condition. Compared to what I've seen 800s going for recently, it didn't seem like a bad gamble. Hopefully, they'll be running just fine. If not, hopefully they'll be relatively easy to fix. The 800 was my first computer that I stupidly threw away in the mid-80s because of a broken keyboard. This was a decade away from the start of the Internet as we know it and I lived in a small area with almost no other Atari users. I wish I'd known then what I know now. Anyway, hopefully, I can get at least one of these going and add an 800 back to my collection. If I can get the other cleaned up and running, I may sell it off in a few months.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325842892444

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.c39631dc368969eeaa6766c97b567bfc.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/11/2023 at 6:07 PM, deffroe said:

...or you can search eBay for sold/completed Atari 400's.  It is a bargain! 😉

Found it. A bargain indeed, especially if it's the PAL unit I assume it to be. Some people would try to charge more for the books and 1010 that came with it.

• Like 1

Some Atari 1040STF units for fairly cheap, one with a Mega ST keyboard swapped in for whatever reason.  All of the original floppy drives work, which is a big plus as I've yet to program the GoTeks.  A SC1224 and SM124 to complement as well, plus a VGA cable I'll try to find a 15khz monitor for... 

One of the ST PSUs gets warmer than usual, but removing the RF shield helps nominally with airflow.  The other produced wavy lines and the ST spontaneously reboots (yay) so I know it'll need to be replaced.  Or a simple recap, but that can be tricky...

I also saw, by pure chance and complete surprise, a Indus GTS-100. It with the 1040STF look marvelous when placed next to the Indus GTs next to the 130XE.  Those GTS units are disturbingly quiet, and can format disks for slightly greater capacity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbaeza said:

My last order from retrogames.co.uk Just arrived.

Regards,

Luis.

20231012_133902.jpg

I have an amazingly hilarious story about that particular version of Strip Poker.  Back in the day, my brother got a copy of it, but it was backwards, the more you won, the more clothes they would put back on... of course it was easy to fix it, just rename the files.  A dude I was going to school with at the time also had an 800xl, so I gave him a copy of the fixed version.  I just happen to be over at his house one day and showed him the trick of renaming the files... He kind of freaked out and told me to fix it because his mom would only let him play it until they had their underwear on!  Laughed my ass off.  My parents never really cared if I were playing for pixelated nudity.

Latest Atari item I have bought was shipped yesterday... Atari 50th Anniversary Arcade1up!  Still don't know where I will set it up...

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, macsonny said:

What is an Indus GTS-100?

Indus (later Future Systems) made two Indus GT variants for the Atari ST (technically three from what I understand).

The Indus GTS-100 was a 3.5" drive (720k) for the ST

image.jpeg.66a3ffc64c3e02672d1b1ef1c1727a3c.jpeg

There was also an Indus GTS-1000 which was a 5.25" drive identical in looks to the A8 version of the Indus GT, except for the ST connector on the back..... Can't find a picture online.  I actually own one, but it's 1am so I'm not going to try to pull it out just so that you can see that it looks just like the A8 version :)

Now I say "three" because my understanding is that the GTS-1000 5.25" came in two variants with 40 and 80 tracks. (360k DSDD and 720k which would be DSQD if I recall right).  Whereas some 5.25" drives for the ST actually could handle both 40 and 80 tracks with a switch, or were only capable of 360k DSDD (which I believe was the case with the PCF-551).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, leech said:

I have an amazingly hilarious story about that particular version of Strip Poker.  Back in the day, my brother got a copy of it, but it was backwards, the more you won, the more clothes they would put back on... of course it was easy to fix it, just rename the files.  A dude I was going to school with at the time also had an 800xl, so I gave him a copy of the fixed version.  I just happen to be over at his house one day and showed him the trick of renaming the files... He kind of freaked out and told me to fix it because his mom would only let him play it until they had their underwear on!  Laughed my ass off.  My parents never really cared if I were playing for pixelated nudity.

A friend had a speccy and bought Sam Fox strip poker with it's digitised images.  When sat a joystick cable length away from the screen the only you could make out was the hand of cards drawn from the deck.  Every time the image changed we had to run to other side of the room just have an idea of what we were looking at.🤣

• Haha 4