IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

WOOHOO...it's arrived :D

All the way from Oregon to Moray in Scotland. I now have in my grubby little hands an actual copy of Kyan Pascal!!

Many thanks to JD for selling this to me (don't know if you're on here).

No stopping me now, time to get coding :cool:

I need to go to AA classes for eBay. I spent 3k last month between here and ebay.

Jim

Swing by and pick me up on the way there, I've spent thousands I shouldn't have either. Once you get going it's hard to stop, I keep finding more and more things I "need."

:D

Tell me about it. 3 months ago, my retro collection was in tatters... it's getting impressive now :!:

Hey Pengwin, I'm on here, glad you picked it up, hope you put it to good use. Maybe you'll even find a tip or two you can use in all the issues of UPDATE KYAN that were included.

Cheers,

JD

Hi JD,

Oh yes, it will be put to good use. I've already looked at it and the KIX interface is fantastic, and pointers are easier in this version.

I haven't had time to look at the newsletters properly yet, but the glimpse I had through them earlier has already clarified a few things and shown new techniques.

As I said in my email, all I need now is an original copy of AdventureWriter and I'll be really happy.

Again, thanks for a great deal.

Edited by Pengwin

I need to go to AA classes for eBay. I spent 3k last month between here and ebay.

Jim

Swing by and pick me up on the way there, I've spent thousands I shouldn't have either. Once you get going it's hard to stop, I keep finding more and more things I "need."

Tell me about it. 3 months ago, my retro collection was in tatters... it's getting impressive now :!:

I get on there looking for just a hard drive and end up walking away from my computer with multiple hard drives (figuring I can just re-sell the extras :ponder: ), a dozen DVDs, several books, some Matrix collectibles, a digital camera, an Robert Dinero autographed photo - which is probably fake, another Atari lot I don't need - but couldn't resist, some virtual items - that only exist electronically, a couple of domain names and a watch list filled to 100 for me to bid on the next week!

Latest purchase, an XEGS and about 5 cart games.

About $35 from memory, prices seemed to have skyrocketed in the last couple of months.

I think that emulated systems/games on the Wii and XB360 have caused a surge in interest in retro systems.

Right now there's a 400 + 1010 on local eBay sitting on $66. Six months ago something like that would have been lucky to fetch $20.

There's even been a 600XL asking $99 but I think he's pushing it.

If this keeps up, I think I might start buying systems at basement prices then doing the AV and APE mods, then flog 'em off for $150.

Jim

You dont even know the half of it. Besided ebay, there are about 4 members here that have made a small fortune off me. But I love it!! Keep it commin. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE =)

Jim

I get on there looking for just a hard drive and end up walking away from my computer with multiple hard drives (figuring I can just re-sell the extras :ponder: ), a dozen DVDs, several books, some Matrix collectibles, a digital camera, an Robert Dinero autographed photo - which is probably fake, another Atari lot I don't need - but couldn't resist, some virtual items - that only exist electronically, a couple of domain names and a watch list filled to 100 for me to bid on the next week!

Now that is an impressive display of "getting carried away". I did a similar thing two years ago, jumped on eBay whilst waiting for the birth of my son and all of a sudden I was back into collecting video games again after a 5 year or so hiatus.

I'm envious of course.

Now that is an impressive display of "getting carried away". I did a similar thing two years ago, jumped on eBay whilst waiting for the birth of my son and all of a sudden I was back into collecting video games again after a 5 year or so hiatus.

I'm envious of course.

:D I did that about 2 years ago too, I got on looking for something cheap, don't remeber what it was, but ended up buying an Atari game. Once I did that, I did a search for other Atari games and found all sorts of them that seemed like great deals (I mean they are limited and will never be reprinted ever again right? :lust: ) so, I ended up buying more. Then over the next couple of weeks I bid on and bought a bunch of Atari games - some of them came with systems, :D and others were for systems I don't even own, (2600) :? , but they looked like good deals!

Ah, all in good fun I suppose...

But pick me up for that ebay AA meeting anyway..

I still haven't found what I really wanted, an Alternate Reality cartridge! I'm probably going to have to produce it myself.

Today I was looking for something and came across these:

DoctorsOffice.com US $20,000,000.00

Sun SunFire E15K US $US $442,500.00

I'm thinking the server must be a typo? Probably only worth 44k?

Wow! How many issues are there?

Might as well pick up the Pair of very very large 'African' style Floor Lamps from the same seller, maybe you can get combined shipping!

Haha...I don't think those floor lamps will work in my office ;)

There are only 7 issues in volume 4 of Atari User, so in total 43 issues of the magazine. Not a huge run, I know, but it's been quite hard to find the final volume.

I need rehab also!!! Since I have most of the items for my 8bit collection, most of these are 16/32 related. This is in the past 2-3 months.

TT030

1040STe (boxed)

1040STFM w/ SF314 drive (both boxed)

1040STf x2

MegaSTe

Falcon030

Geneva Multitask Environment

Neodesk Desktop

3 SC1224 color monitors

800 (makes 3)

1050 drive (1 Happy, 1 stock) (makes 5)

Chalkboard PowerPad w/ 2 programs

Jaguar, JagCD, 24 games w/memory cart (all boxed)

4-5 boxes of misc software.

30-40 issues of STart, Antic & Analog magazine (almost got all collections complete)

This is all in addition to the list in my sig.......I need a life!!!

Edited by Guitarman

This all started in November after finding out that my younger brother had just thrown out a 1040ST, I actually bought that machine for him to get through University, so I was most pi$$ed off that he didnt even ask if I wanted it.

This led me to brave the attic at my Mum and Dads house to find the 400 and 1050 had also met the same fate.

Angry me finds this site and before I know it have spent bucket loads.

3 x 800XL (one mint in box)

SIO2PC

5 various joysticks

Maxflash cart

Loads of other carts

130XE new in box

400 48k

Trackball

etc, etc, etc :roll:

lovin' it though,

anyone say mid life crisis :D

It wasn't on eBay, but I've got to brag somewhere :) I just got home with a 130XE, XF551, all the power supplies and a bunch of controllers, 2 SIO cables, an asteroids cart, and two boxes of floppies. Found it (somewhat) locally on Craig's List, all for $60. Finally I can use the other half of those disks :) Of course none of this stuff is tested yet.....

Edited by ataridano

I have really got to leave eBay alone for a while.

Just won the following:

Atari User Volume 4

My Atari User collection is now complete :D

(Sorry Atarimania, saw your last minute bid there)

I've got all those, I bought them from the newsagents back in the day. It's a shame that most of them are now creased and torn, and one or two of them don't even have the front and back pages anymore. :(

Edited by Ross PK

I've got all those, I bought them from the newsagents back in the day. It's a shame that most of them are now creased and torn, and one or two of them don't even have the front and back pages anymore. :(

I only got Volumes 1 and 2 back in the 80's. Can't remember why I didn't get the rest.

It's taken me about 6 months to get the final 2 volumes.

Am I right in thinking that Volume 4 Issue 7 was the last one?

The one with Gunpowder Charlie on the front? Yup.

Atari User didn't even know it themselves that it was the last issue because there was no goodbye or anything to indicate that it was the last one, in fact I'm sure they mentioned something about the next issue.

Since they didn't stock the magazine on the shelves I got the shop to order it for me, and they'd have it behind the counter, the next month I went in and asked for the magazine and they said when they went into the warehouse it wasn't there. I'm sure they told me that when they were at the warehouse they were told it isn't being made anymore.