IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

post-11930-129478612975_thumb.jpg

Thanks to a heads up from TheRealBountyBob :thumbsup: I just scored a very sorry looking 600xl for 99p off ebay.

Looks more like an 800xl (600 is smaller i thought)

Carmel, you can tell it is a 600XL from the lack of casing behind the cartridge port. Atari saved 25 cents per case by putting the 800XL on a diet. :D

AARRRGGGHHHH!

I knew someone here would get that. I was in a meeting and forgot to bid!!!!

Ah well, at least it's going to a good home.

Sorry (not :P ) I thought you might be looking at it. Been looking for a reasonably priced 600xl for months

Do you know if it's working yet? If so good work!

Aaron

I don't know yet, but if it is DOA it will be fixed

Looks more like an 800xl (600 is smaller i thought)

definitely a 600xl

post-11930-129482809769_thumb.jpg

AARRRGGGHHHH!

Sorry (not :P ) I thought you might be looking at it. Been looking for a reasonably priced 600xl for months

No worries. Like I said I'm gald it's going to a new home. I have two but one has a duff keyboard at the moment.

Is it me or do eBay prices for hardware seem to be on the up again. I've seen some stupid BIN prices on XEs lately.

BTW - that 600XL looks to be a *perfect* candidate for before and after shots ;)

AARRRGGGHHHH!

No worries. Like I said I'm gald it's going to a new home. I have two but one has a duff keyboard at the moment.

Is it me or do eBay prices for hardware seem to be on the up again. I've seen some stupid BIN prices on XEs lately.

BTW - that 600XL looks to be a *perfect* candidate for before and after shots ;)

I agree, hardware seems to have some crazy BIN and starting prices.

If you need a keyboard I may have a spare, probably not an Alps one though

I have one 600xl that is in Candles safe hands undergoing a multitude of mods, I may even see it this year :P

I thought a stock (ish) one would be nice for day to day use as I am seriously running out of space :roll:

Before and after shots will certainly be posted ;)

AARRRGGGHHHH!

I agree, hardware seems to have some crazy BIN and starting prices.

If you need a keyboard I may have a spare, probably not an Alps one though

I have one 600xl that is in Candles safe hands undergoing a multitude of mods, I may even see it this year :P

I thought a stock (ish) one would be nice for day to day use as I am seriously running out of space :roll:

Before and after shots will certainly be posted ;)

well it works, but it looks like it was stored in a skip for the last 15 years. Really I have never seen such a disgustingly dirty Atari. The keys have something sticky between them making them well....stick!

There is grease and grime on the function buttons and the case looks like it has been smoking 100 fags a day.

But I am please with my purchase and I love bringing these things back to almost as good as new :twisted:

post-11930-129478612975_thumb.jpg

Thanks to a heads up from TheRealBountyBob icon_thumbsup.gif I just scored a very sorry looking 600xl for 99p off ebay.

AARRRGGGHHHH!

Same here: I forgot to bid. My 600XL has very worn PBI contacts and I thought that one might be good for a mobo...

Good bargain, though!

that`s my last atari toys.....i pay 1.60 each and...the 4th game on the 3rd picture is rated as rarity 9....very happy!!!!!

Which game? Murder at awesome hall? (I have that with it's original packaging - It came slotted into a piece of polystyrene with a paper cover)

You got some nice games there, some I wouldn't mind having for my Cassette collection!

Another Atari 800, from what used to be the main Atari dealer in Leicester, going to collect and ask if he has any more goodies hidden away?!

A Graphix AT printer interface by xetec

A Laskeys joy print printer interface (plugs into 2 joystick ports)

Both the printer interfaces have some software on tape that I will try to dump

Didn't get it from eBay (craigslist) and it isn't specifically for Atari (though thats what I am using it for) however I picked up a really nice Commodore 1701 monitor from Craigslist today.

Paid $30 for it and appears to be in overall excellent condition and has a very good picture with no burn in.

Hopefully I can pick up an 800XL this week and get cooking on some 8bit Atari action!

I've never seen a 1029 before; looks like they took an 800XL, removed the keyboard and jammed a printer inside!

Yup, it's a bit of a beast! Great printer though, may not be the quietest of printers (I'm told the 820 was LOUD!) but solid enough, don't quote me but I think it shares it's internals with other similar era units...

Edit: Same as the Commodre MPS-801, both units were made by Seikosha.

Edited by beamer320i

I have a couple of them, but neither boxed. That looks like a nice example.

The box was the icing on the cake (and the fact that nobody else actually bid on it!) All i have to do now is find a supplier for the ink cassette/cartridge (same as Commodore MPS-801) This one still works, but for how long...?

Anybody know where I can locate these, thanks!

Dom