IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Not Ebay, but these are my new Atari Toys

800XE

http://orph.atarinet.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=8990

65XE PAL - With ECI port

http://orph.atarinet.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=9003

The 65XE has a wonderful factory stock BASIC chip

http://orph.atarinet.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=9024

Also picked up this

http://orph.atarinet.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=9009

What is with that chip!?

Not Revlon... I find it gives me split ends... :)

Some no-brand stuff from the local hairdressing supply shop. I have a Dragon 32 to do when I get time. At least I can't see that one blooming.

did you use the oxi and got blooming?

I did a 400 the other day with just peroxide, no problems with blooming

28 pin ROM in a 24 pin socket, presumably jumpered to suit. One wonders why...?

Correct - End of life in Atari Europe... They had 28 pin chips made up for carts, and decided rather than waste them they would put them in the late model 65xe/800xe machines to save money (Power without the Price indeed)... Luckily my 800XE board is pristine and has a regular REV C basic chip in it, not so concerned with the 65xe being rigged like that...

Now if only the GTIA was not jacked up in both of them...

Hi Guys

If whoever outbid me on this one eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3206705800981?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320670580098&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] is lurking here could you shout up? I would like to know if there is a loose insert in the case with more detailed instructions. My copy is missing them and I'd really like more details or a scan of the insert.

Thanks!

What is that? (besides the obvious that it's a program on cassette)

Well I was going to direct you to the dump and scan I did for AtariMania last year, but it's not there??? What's up with AtariMania anyhow? Running VERY slow. Wonder if they're having issues. I'm a bit peeved that the dump isn't there, I had a message back from the guys saying they'd recieved it. Ah well...

I can't rememeber off the top of my head but it adds more file management functionality to cassette operation. Loading of named programs from cassette and cataloging amongst others. I haven't looked at it since I dumped it for AM because some of the instructions are missing. I seem to recall that it only likes to load under OS-B too.

Hi Guys

If whoever outbid me on this one eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3206705800981?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320670580098&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] is lurking here could you shout up? I would like to know if there is a loose insert in the case with more detailed instructions. My copy is missing them and I'd really like more details or a scan of the insert.

Thanks!

Hi spookt

I have a copy of the Atari Cassette Enhancer, bought from new many years ago now, but there's no further information than the cassette inlay. The only instruction is on how to load it and an overview of the functions without any detail at all - I'm usually very careful with my software and keep everything but having searched I can't find anything more. I can't believe that the instructions in the inlay could be everything though as they're nearly useless and I do have what may be a false memory of a folded A4 sheet with instructions so I'd like to know if you do find more info.

Here is an article on the ACE software..

http://page6.org/archive/issue_05/page_22a.htm

Thanks for looking. I saw the Page6 article but I'm sure there's more to the software than that or the inlay covers. I'm sure the inlay suggests that there were further instructions but I'd have to read it again. I'll certainly share anything I find.

Well I was going to direct you to the dump and scan I did for AtariMania last year, but it's not there??? What's up with AtariMania anyhow? Running VERY slow. Wonder if they're having issues. I'm a bit peeved that the dump isn't there, I had a message back from the guys saying they'd recieved it. Ah well...

And this is why I stopped making dumps and scans for them.

A 4-port 5200 and a 600XL. Filthy but cheap!

Vacuumed dust and dead bugs out of the XL case. Pretty clean inside shield, bone stock, 16K. Plugged it in and ... it works!

5200 not as dirty, just one dead spider. No power supply, so not yet tested.

A 4-port 5200 and a 600XL. Filthy but cheap!

Vacuumed dust and dead bugs out of the XL case. Pretty clean inside shield, bone stock, 16K. Plugged it in and ... it works!

5200 not as dirty, just one dead spider. No power supply, so not yet tested.

so did the spider eat the psu, or did he become so addicted to gaming, he just died cause he didnt eat?

if only we knew :')

sloopy.

28 pin ROM in a 24 pin socket, presumably jumpered to suit. One wonders why...?

Correct - End of life in Atari Europe... They had 28 pin chips made up for carts, and decided rather than waste them they would put them in the late model 65xe/800xe machines to save money (Power without the Price indeed)... Luckily my 800XE board is pristine and has a regular REV C basic chip in it, not so concerned with the 65xe being rigged like that...

Now if only the GTIA was not jacked up in both of them...

Thanks for clearing that up. It sure looks strange, but sounds like something they would do.

Every issue of the A4 format New Atari User from Issue 34 onwards, bound into 3 folders.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1806338489551?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180633848955&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

GAHHHH o_O

I must remember to check international Ebay more often, I likely have all the mags, but I've been looking for binders for ages!~!!

Nice find, and good price to.