IGNORED

How long do you expect to wait? At what price?

swlovinist

If many of you are like me, you are waiting on the PS3. I would not mind having one, but $600 can be spent buying alot of retrogames. I was curious on how long many of you are willing to wait to buy one. For me, I expect to buy one when the price hits $299. I expect to be waiting at least three years. By then, the bugs will be tweaked out, the game library will be nice, as well as more available.

I just finally bought a PS2 because it was a nice slim silver edition. I don't care to spend more than $150 on a new consule because I know they'll be available so much cheaper down the road and by then the library of games has matured and you have a good selection. Anything much more costly is a waste of money personally because there are a lot more games out there I can buy for less moola and enjoy just as much. Time is always on a gamers side.

I'm waiting until there's a homebrew community for the PS3. I haven't followed the Linux on PS3 details, but I suspect it doesn't touch to the graphics chip or anything truly powerful.

I won't say I'll "never" get a PS3, but between all the portables, oldies, and XBOX360, I don' think I really need one anytime soon.

I would have bought one on launch day for $600. Now that the launch hype has passed, though, I'm being more pragmatic. (I'm pretty much the same way for all consoles now; I would have bought a 360 on launch day too, but I lost my appetite almost immediately after that and still don't have one.)

Unlike some people I do actually want the Blu-Ray capability. So $400 for the 60GB probably wouldn't be unreasonable. I might pay $500 if an exclusive game comes out that I really have to have. $500 is probably my extreme upper limit at this point, though - and even then I'd need to be in a situation where I have some extra cash, which I usually don't.

I'll grab one when Dragon Quest IX comes out... oh wait a second... that's a DS game.

The PS3 will have to drop a few hundred dollars or release a game I absolutely must have. Nothing yet but next year there may be some great releases to change my mind. (Motorstorm is fun - played the demo- but if it's all races and doesn't have a sandbox drive around and have fun mode, I'll wait for it to be a greatest hit.)

I don't see me getting one anytime soon. I am not interested in the blu-ray format, so It has to $225.00 or less at least depending in the games the ps 3 has. I am more interested in getting in getting a nintendo wii along everything else I am interested in for games like retro stuff, ds, gba, and ps 2 after Christmas.