IGNORED

info on getting original Top Loader NES modded

Is this a good idea to do? Just wanted some opinions on it because I was thinking about finding someone to do this for me if it was worth it. Just was hoping to get a nice picture to enjoy my games on since the Top Loader NES only produces RF Output. Anybody have any recommendations on who I can send this too to get this done at a fair price? Will the picture be greatly improved? I enjoyed getting my 5200 and 7800 modded. Hope this would be of the same effect.

Is this a good idea to do? Just wanted some opinions on it because I was thinking about finding someone to do this for me if it was worth it. Just was hoping to get a nice picture to enjoy my games on since the Top Loader NES only produces RF Output. Anybody have any recommendations on who I can send this too to get this done at a fair price? Will the picture be greatly improved? I enjoyed getting my 5200 and 7800 modded. Hope this would be of the same effect.

Judging by the discussion in this thread:

http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=601

...a modded top loader still has inferior quality video, when compared to a toaster or an AV Famicom. However, the video quality should improve somewhat. There are multiple different variations of the mod, with some techniques being better than others. OSG may mod top loaders. Drop them a line to see if they offer such a service:

http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca/

However, a refurbished toaster will be less expensive and it will produce higher quality audio and video than a modded top loader. You also can't beat that classic NES look ;)