IGNORED

Surrounded! Christmas Gift demo release!

JagChris

If you're using Jugs you may need to use the 'kickstart' application with it or whatever it is called. :)

Cool, I'll try that. Sound would make it even more fun :cool:

What is the latest/best version of the BJL loader to use? There seems to be a whole lot of different versions.

Edited by remowilliams

Loading by BJL is very easy. No need to put in a start address etc.

In the command line to load just type: BJL_load -n -8 surround.bin.

You should get the standard nyuk nyuk nyuk etc at the 3D Stooges logo alone plus the game sounds etc.

In game you should get all sorts of sounds from a siren sound to the enemies firing shots and the sounds during the cubes destruction.

If you're using Jugs you may need to use the 'kickstart' application with it or whatever it is called. :)

So how long does it take to load by BJL?

I can see that! :) Well, as a tribute to the Frog, to show folks how this is loaded with JUGS, and to show people it is definately worth going through all the trouble to load this game, here is a comical movie I put together in tribute. Enjoy!!

No 38,400 for you? ;)

Actually while we're on the subject (sort of) was there any version of the JUGS loader that can actually go beyond 38,400 like the cart settings can?

How come no sound? :?:

You mean while playing the game? I get no sound either when playing the game, I figured it was because it was a demo, but I might as well ask now - am I supposed to be hearing sound during the game? :)

There is sound on both updates....maybe Jugs has an issue with sound?

How come no sound? :?:

Hey what is is like loading this by BJL and other means?

Loading by BJL is very easy. No need to put in a start address etc.

In the command line to load just type: BJL_load -n -8 surround.bin.

You should get the standard nyuk nyuk nyuk etc at the 3D Stooges logo alone plus the game sounds etc.

In game you should get all sorts of sounds from a siren sound to the enemies firing shots and the sounds during the cubes destruction.

Yeah I dont know...I do have a JUGS as of recently but I've not tried it...to Alpine spoiled.

and...cube?....its a fortress ;)

There is sound on both updates....maybe Jugs has an issue with sound?

I think that is the case. I can get the first release to load consistently, and the second release only loaded once or twice. But neither have sound with JUGS (kickstart or not).

As far as BJL- I have multiple ways to run BJL on the Jag itself, and have tried a couple different PC side BJL loaders but I'm guessing the cable I hacked together in ten minutes out of a Jag controller cable isn't cutting it. The only thing that loads properly is that frontier demo that swapd0 put out. :? :lol:

and...cube?....its a fortress ;)

Indeed! :cool: :thumbsup:

Edited by remowilliams

Ok, here is one with a bit more sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FPpxlS3xmA

That's pretty funny Dr. :D

Thanks! JUGS is a great resource, but it can take a bit of time to load things.

Hey I want to try BJL and I have Protector SE. Can someone let me know where the PC loading programs are, and the pin-out how-to to make the joystick cable I've been hearing about?

Thanks! Once I get that going I would make a movie on how that works.

Oh I have a TT-030 I can use for this project too.

Edited by doctorclu

Yeah but there is still something terribly wrong...those are not the sounds by any

means...hmmm...I will talk to doug and see why that might occur and if I can fix it for JUGS so the sound if correct, I will and upload another update.

That would be cool if you could get it to work with JUGS. :cool: I only see one place on the web to order a BJL adapter, and the email bounces.

Anyhow to sum up my experience so far (if this helps):

Original Demo release:

JUGS	19.2K	Loads fine (with or without kickstart)	Plays fine, no lockups.	No sound.
JUGS	38.4K	Loads fine (with or without kickstart)	Plays fine, no lockups.	No sound.

Second 'fix' release:

JUGS 	19.2K+38.4K	Loads very infrequently (with or w/o  kickstart).  Usually hangs after load (black screen).  When it does load it works fine, no lockups.  No sound.

Edited by remowilliams

That would be cool if you could get it to work with JUGS. :cool: I only see one place on the web to order a BJL adapter, and the email bounces.

Are you talking about A8Maestro and More than Games? I'll let him know tomorrow in the Atari chat at telnet://www.atarinews.org (enter : bbs,bbs (name,password) >enter<, t,c (chat name) )

Yeh, looking that might be the way to go.

Are you talking about A8Maestro and More than Games? I'll let him know tomorrow in the Atari chat at telnet://www.atarinews.org (enter : bbs,bbs (name,password) >enter<, t,c (chat name) )

Yeh, looking that might be the way to go.

NO soldering needed and you dont need to mod the Jag.

What is the address to that site?

http://www.hillsoftware.com/downloads/index.html

If a "C" complier is made I would make a game for the Jag. Prob. a Pong or Breakout clone though cause I want to be sure it gets finsished.

Well, go to Belboz's site above, get yourself the devkit, and BJL boot CD, make yourself a BJL adapter - and have at it :D

What is the address to that site?

http://www.hillsoftware.com/downloads/index.html

If a "C" complier is made I would make a game for the Jag. Prob. a Pong or Breakout clone though cause I want to be sure it gets finsished.

Well, go to Belboz's site above, get yourself the devkit, and BJL boot CD, make yourself a BJL adapter - and have at it :D

Well, getting the devkit to work with BJL takes a small bit of doing, but it's really easy. Here, my contribution to the AA Atari Jaguar Programming forum:

Jag development and BJL setting up.

Thanks! JUGS is a great resource
you forgot the word "expensive" :P

JUGS is a great and expensive resource ...

Yes ! for all people who have a JaguarCD BELBOZ BJL is the best ! :)

Waiting JagCF :lust:

Why must you always take shots at the competition? Do you really think that

will make anyone else anymore interested in the CF? We are talking about 7

years later and JUGS has been sucessfully uploading happy jag fans demos

for their gaming pleasure. The CF sounds great, but where is it?

Call it as you wish, but at the time, JUGS was a brilliant idea WITHOUT

MODIFCATION TO THE JAG.and is still a great product and certainly useful

to many wanting to enjoy the homebrews. It came FREE with another product

along with MANY neat demos and the possiblity for those wanting to to code

the Jaguar before the encryption keys were released.

I call that brilliant foresite and certainly a fantastic service to all jag fans and

those who could not or did not want to mod thier Jaguars. They were the first

to offer this packaged with a fantastic space battle game to boot. I say

BRAVO!!!

Ok, to answer the questions about load times with BJL, or how to make a BJL cable, I was able to get the information from More Than Games to fill these gaps.

Said the game loads in 14 seconds on BJL.

Gave a link on how to make a cable

http://www.a8maestro.com/sites/bjl/how-to-mod/mod.htm

...and offers a BJL cable adaptor in their catalog. Thanks Rick!!

http://www.a8maestro.com/sites/mtgcat/prodgame/game-t1.htm

Edited by doctorclu