IGNORED

A $300 Zaxxon table top arcade machine.

ATARIPITBULL

You guys know what kills me the most though was that the person that I am buying this off of was selling a Mini cabinet Wizards of wor that was in good shape, but did not work and some guy paid over $420.00 for it, but this Zaxxon which is in great shape and works went to me for just $300.

:lol: :lol: :D

• 3 weeks later...

MAN, when things seem to go right for me, there is always somthing that will mess it all up again. I just recieved my Zaxxon today and it looks good and play fine but then I noticed that the guy did not send me the keys for the coin door or the door to work inside of it, I emailed him and asked where the keys were and he told me that they should have been taped to the glass, but if they were not there then he would send me another set in the mail, so no I have to wait about a week to get inside my new machine. Like I said just when things look too good.

:x :x :twisted:

Ataripitbull. My dad owns a vending service and believe me when I say these things are very easy to open. There is a pretty small piece of aluminum that keeps those doors shut and they bend very easy. The good news is that it can be bent back just as easily. Those latches are ment to keep out your average joe. If a thief wants in a machine, they'll get in regardless. Most venders would rather them get off with the quarters than have them destroy the machine getting to the coin box.

If you don't get the keys a good screwdriver or small crowbar will get you in in about 7 seconds. Once in, the locks are easy to remove or replace. Just check your local game distributer or order one on-line.

This I'm basing on just a standard coinbox lock. Some people went all out to secure the doors...in some cases with bars and padlocks on the outside.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the same table (also bought on EBAY for about the same price).

Very cool, and for a cheap game change you can slide in a Congo Bongo board set . I picked one up on EBAY last week for about $30.00- only problem is it follows the Zaxxon logic of up is down and down is up, but it's easy to get used to.

The more experienced in here would certainly know better than me, but I believe it's pretty difficult to do before things became more standardized in the mid-eighties.

For your Zaxxon, you can do a board swap with Congo Bongo and Super Zaxxon. My experience was absolutely painless- I swapped the boards and it fired right up as a new game.

KLOV will often indicate conversion options for a particular game.

AtariPitbull: Have you also tried posting to the newsgroups like rec.games.video.arcade.collecting? If you don't frequent Usenet too much, it's easily accessible these days especially with good old web access via google http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&...es.video.arcade

Of course ideally you could find a lot of what you might be looking for already discussed if you do a search for some keywords (just make sure you checkmark 'search only rec.games.vid.. etc.) You could also post questions there. It's an old group so there are your share of buttheads wanting to pick on newbies etc. but overall I'd say it's a great resource for info. :)

And the more resources the better I always say. :)