IGNORED

PayPal Situation: Pot Calling the Kettle Black :) ??

zraider

I made a post regarding a double payment I had made to "soulonmyboots" of Ebay fame. After waiting almost 3 weeks, I filed a complaint with the IFCC and with the selller's internet provider. His initial response to the overpayment situation follows (June 2):

=======================================

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been busy with work. Yes, your

refund was sent via mail and should be there soon but please remember

that mail from Canada is slower than mail within the US. I did offer

refund via paypal but you wanted to be refunded via mail instead.

It should be there soon. Please try not to get upset if I do not respond

right away, I am just busy with work.

thanks for your patience

=========================================

Now after filing the complaint and informing him (or her ? Louise May on PayPal) this is the response I get today:

=========================================

I was a little suspicious so I figured I would wait and sure enough you

have caused paypal to put it in REVIEW, therefore, you will be getting

your money back from PAYPAL. Just think, if I did send you a money order

you would have been refunded twice. I am glad I waited. I am going ahead and contacting paypal to get them to refund the overpayment to speed things up. Please tell me...were you trying to scam me?

==========================================

I mean, was I TRYING TO SCAM HIM :):) ???!!!!! Sure, that was the plan the whole time :) !! What planet is this guy from ?

Anyway, 'thought I'd post an update on the PayPal situation and let members see just what kind of individual this guy is. And if anyone wants to take the time to look at this guys feedback, it's really bad if you go back

9 months or more. If anyone wants to see the whole thing with e-mail headers I'll post it, but I think you all get the point from the above.

It takes all kinds.....

You are obviously dealing with a very dishonest seller. Let's review the facts...

He lied to you about the condition of Swordquest Waterworld, lied to you about the condition of another lot (including a dead cart), duped you into making a double payment, refused cooperation in resolving your double payment. Most recently he has lied to you about mailing you a refund, thereby revealing his complete distrust for you as a buyer who wants nothing more than what is your due. Now add to this seller's glittering resume the recent fact that he has, knowingly or otherwise, posted an eBay auction featuring an ultra rare Atari cartridge which is demonstrably a forgery. You get the idea.

The seller you're dealing with is in league with the worst of the eBay scum. More than a menace to the eBay community at large, he is a disgrace to anyone who's ever partaken in a sale or in a conversation of any kind. Rest assured that his promise, "I am going ahead and contacting paypal to get them to refund the overpayment to speed things up" is just another lie, and that you can expect more lies, foot dragging, attacks on your character, legal counter-attacks... whatever else this asshole can dream of to resist you.

Don't get discouraged. Persue whatever means you can to exact repayment. Get it, then forget about him.

And please, NEVER send payment for an item a second time ever again, until you are SURE your original payment has been stopped, voided or returned.

Ben

You're exactly correct regarding him contacting PayPal; I haven't seen anything yet from them, and I'm bugging them to death. At least they do have a dispute going that's in review. And the statement regarding that I didn't want the money back through PayPal is totally false. He didn't want to pay the fee charged by PayPal and stated he would mail a money order. I just want my money, regardless. Sometimes I think nothing anyone ever does will ever amaze me, that I've just about seen it all, and yet I'm proven wrong time and time again. I really don't know if the IFCC (IFCCFBI) can really do anything, or if they only get involved with cases where thousands of dollars are involved. I can only hope that persistent, relentless pressure will get this individual to refund my money.

Having nothing directly related to this topic, I bought my Atari 2600 from a guy from Canada. It took forever for my payment to get there, and forever to get my item.

The item DID arrive in great condition, and I had even opened a complaint with Ebay about him, which was resolved immediately.

The day after I filed a complaint I received my item.

He never intended to scam me, and the real truth was he was ACTUALLY hospitalized, and couldn't return my emails.

So amazingly, sometimes there can actually be legitimate reasons for a delay, and sellers aren't always trying to scam people :)

My Vader and the games, and everything are in top notch shape from him, and I am very happy with that purchase.