IGNORED

Doctor Who

neotokeo2001

Call me a spoilsport, but you just can't appropriate others' intellectual property and release it for profit, like this. Come up with your own idea, or get permission from the copyright owners!!!!!

Not that I care about permission but what about this: AtariAge Store: PacmanCollection

I could name many more. I'm not justifing it at all but I don't think they are making that much profit to make a difference.

p.s. I own PACMAN Collection and it's great :)

Edited by jay2068

Call me a spoilsport, but you just can't appropriate others' intellectual property and release it for profit, like this. Come up with your own idea, or get permission from the copyright owners!!!!!

I am not making any profit off of this or any other release. As you can see I always limit the number of cartridges made and I don't charge insane prices to make a profit. I could easily sell each of these to the highest bidder and rake in the money, But you can check my previous post history and see that I don't do that.

I know that there are bad feelings swirling around with the $100 carts but that is not me. As for as copyright concerns, I am just a fan doing this for my own use and a few friends with no financial gain intended or recieved.

I respect the talented programmers here at AtariAge and have worked with several on different projects. I would never knowingly do anything to hurt or undermine their efforts.

• Like 1

Hi Andrew

Neotokeo s prices are not too high and his profit is surely low.But let us be serious.

I think today,no programmer is making a game for the 2600 to become a rich man.

Even,if he would take 100 dollars for a cart.You as a really good programmer should know this.It is(even for a hack)a lot of work,making a game.And if you count your hours working on a game,your profit will be really low.I did 2 hacks for the 7800 in the past.

I did them just for fun and not for profit.And i also think,that real programmers(like you and Thomas)and hackers(like Neotokeo,Usinoh...)should accept each other.

greetings Walter

Hi Andrew

Neotokeo s prices are not too high and his profit is surely low.But let us be serious.

Even,if he would take 100 dollars for a cart.You as a really good programmer should know this.It is(even for a hack)a lot of work,making a game.And if you count your hours working on a game,your profit will be really low.I did 2 hacks for the 7800 in the past.

I did them just for fun and not for profit.And i also think,that real programmers(like you and Thomas)and hackers(like Neotokeo,Usinoh...)should accept each other.

greetings Walter

I am not sure but I think these games might ever fall under some sort of parody laws, the same laws that let Weird AL use others material for his songs and the same laws that let Saturday Night Live or Mel Brookes (Spaceball) and The Wayans brother (Scary Movie) goof on movies and TV shows. No one takes these games seriously, they are only for fun and are loosly based on characters from movies and TV shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea....eh? ;)

and if not.....is fire!fire! supposed to be on the list twice?

:) :) :) :)

It is a good idea. We shall see.

fire!fire! is getting a copy for someone else also so it is not a mistake.

I would give up my sister's copy so that PressureCooker could have it. It's a birthday gift she doesn't even know about! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew

greetings Walter

I am not sure but I think these games might ever fall under some sort of parody laws, the same laws that let Weird AL use others material for his songs and the same laws that let Saturday Night Live or Mel Brookes (Spaceball) and The Wayans brother (Scary Movie) goof on movies and TV shows. No one takes these games seriously, they are only for fun and are loosly based on characters from movies and TV shows.

Hackers get permission from nobody. I think that's part of the definition (or at least, it was in the past). If one is dedicating himself to design something completely unique, using any pre-existing work as the platform would negate the goal in the first place ;)

For something that is potentially damaging to original ideas/programs that they are based on, I might agree with the "profit" angle to a certian degree (that's why I'll never seek to earn a penny for Hack'Em). But a hack of a 24 year old program to include a 44 year old character?? Who cares? Fair game IMO...no matter what "The Mouse" dictates.

"It's easier to give an apology than to get permission." -Clifford Stoll

• 2 weeks later...
The cartridges and manuals are finished and I have all of the exras ready to go. Just waiting on the boxes. More info soon.

The boxes are still being worked on. I really want to release this in a box so it will still be a few more weeks. Sorry to everyone for the extended wait.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OK. First the bad news. It doesn't look like the box is going to work out. The box designer/maker has been MIA for a while now and I am unable to make contact.

Now the good news. Doctor Who is otherwise complete and everything is ready to go. So here is the final Doctor Who package.

post-3832-1187489025_thumb.jpg

Doctor Who Cartridge

Full Color Manual

Classic Doctor Who Novel

1 Comic from the original Marvel Comics run of 23 issues

1 copy of the game will have a certificate for a free game from the AtariAge Store (random)

post-3832-1187489347_thumb.jpgpost-3832-1187489339_thumb.jpg

The game will be $25 plus shipping (Priority with Confirmation)

Here is the reserve List:

01-My Copy

02-gambler172

03-Wonder007

04-Darth Ramsey

05-fringe1(?)

06-Marc Oberhäuser

07-fire!fire!

08-

09-private

10-private

11-diggs130

12-T2KFreeker

13-fire!fire!

14-Available

15-Numan

16-DaveD

17-skem

18-jay2068

19-private

20-EBAY

21-PressureCooker2600

22-Available

23-?

Yes. There is now 23 copies of the game to go with the 23 issues of the Comic run. All copies will be ready to ship in a few days and I will be PM'ing everyone on the list to see if they still want their copy.

Edited by neotokeo2001
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the reserve List:Copies Available

01-My Copy

02-gambler172

03-Wonder007

04-Available

05-Available

06-Marc Oberhäuser

07-fire!fire!

08-

09-Available

10-Available

11-diggs130

12-T2KFreeker

13-Available

14-Nognir

15-Numan

16-DaveD

17-skem

18-jay2068

19-Available

20-EBAY

21-PressureCooker2600

22-Available

23-Available

Orange =Paid/Shipped

Green=Available

All other entries have not responded to PM's and copies may be offered for sale at any time.

Edited by neotokeo2001
  • Like 1

Anyone gotten theirs yet?

On a similar note, I tried out Alien Greed finally and it actually gets pretty damn tough when all the walls begin appearing.

When I originally packed the games I used a Flat Rate Box by mistake (Over $3 more each). I had to bring them home and repackage them. Half went back out Thursday and the remaining go out Monday and Tuesday. I ship them on my lunch at work and the boxes are too big to put them all in my work truck together. I try hard to get them out on time but things happen. Sorry for the delay, again. :ponder:

Alien Greed is a cool little game. I really enjoyed it when Chris released Ants. All it needed was a little polish. Post your high scores and see if anyone can beat it.

• Like 1