IGNORED

VecFlash USB

There is a first person maze game written by Alex by which two Vectri users chase eachother and fire from behind walls. Very Primitive. Uses a simple cable to connect two Vectri together. I made one cable from leftover cables.

Alex had an intracranial bleed some 5-6? years ago soon after Protector was released and has been handicapped to some degree as a result.

Edited by Rob Mitchell

• 2 weeks later...

OK, finally managed to swing by WalMart and pick up a 2G MicroSD card.

(It was even already FAT, so I didn't need to reformat it. Not a big deal, but I'm lazy.. )

The VecMulti Works great.

I just played some homebrews that I had never played before.

They weren't on my SK Multicart....

Thanx.

Also I really like that when I hit reset, it lets me choose a new game. That was my big complaint with the great SK Multicart. Reset would reset the game; I had to power off/on to pick a new game.

You do incredible work sir...

desiv

You do incredible work sir...

Thankyou, I try my best :)

I've just about sold out of the batch I made. Hoping to get more PCB's ordered this week (China) and build up carts over the Xmas holidays. Sean (Kelly) is having some more cart cases made, so hopefully my batch will also get here at same time.

I need to have a Mac version of the menu compiler.

Anyone willing to convert my PC Pascal code (Delphi) to Mac ?

There's a free cart in it for you.

How complex is the code? Is there PC specific UI code in there? If I can get some cycles away from building my R2 droid, I will convert it to C and X-Code for OS X.

Oh, and as you know, I already have a cart, so don't worry about that. :)

--Selgus

Also I really like that when I hit reset, it lets me choose a new game. That was my big complaint with the great SK Multicart. Reset would reset the game; I had to power off/on to pick a new game.

If the program uses onboard RAM (Animation and Spike's Circus) or is 64k in size then you will need to turn on/off to select a new game. Otherwise yes, hitting reset goes back to the menu. Richard and I had some "fun" testing that part of the functionality :P

When is the VecMulti going to have an interface to a smoke generator? When things explode in a Vectrex game a cloud of atomized mineral oil smoke should appear!

No, The exploding 25+ year old capacitors inside the Vectrex don't count. Except for a single time,,, maybe. :)

Edited by Vectrexer

• 7 years later...

Is the VecFlash still available to buy? Someone tried my last version of Bloxorz and it didn't work with it. I could try to figure out why it doesn't work, if I would have one or alternatively a circuit diagram would help as well. The ROM for the latest Bloxorz version is here:

https://github.com/FrankBuss/bloxorz/raw/master/Vide/bin/Bloxorz.bin

Works without problems in emulators like ParaJVE, but not on VecFlash. I though maybe that the usage of PB6 would be a problem, because on my cartridge there is a PIC microcontroller and I implemented a protocol for it to save and load highscore etc. So this is a version without accessing PB6:

http://www.frank-buss.de/bloxorz/Bloxorz-no-pb6.bin.zip

but still no luck.