• Last visited

• Days Won

Ksarul last won the day on January 20 2023

Ksarul had the most liked content!

3 Followers

About Ksarul

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Ksarul's Achievements

Quadrunner

Quadrunner (9/9)

1. There are still interesting things to find out there, even for those of us with extensive reference sets of equipment and software.
  2. I take it you have your own personal bubble memory boards now too @Stuart. . .
  3. I was actually surprised that no one noticed that one of the PEBs for sale on eBay this week was the Control Data version. It even had the CD Flex Cable and 32K cards in it. I snagged it, so I now have an almost complete CD system (just missing the CD- branded Disk Controller and RS-232 cards).
  4. I had this one as well, but it only lasted a few hours, so I didn't need to go the cache-clearing route. Firefox as well.
  5. It does have a lot of English loan words that you won't find in Pfälzisch though. I have several books in Pennsylvania Deutsch, along with a more-or-less comprehensive dictionary of it that I bought at the Mennonite Library/bookstore in Lancaster, PA about 30 years ago. And from personal experience, if you understand Pfälzisch, you understand nearly all of conversational Pennsylvania Deutsch. The people in their farmer's market were a bit surprised to find an outsider that understood what they were saying. . .
  6. Here are fully functionl versions of the p-Code strip in both possible /4A formats. . .this is actually one of the harder TI keystrips to find as an original. They turn up once in a while, but nowhere near as often as the other TI-sourced keystrips.
  7. And I did beta testing of it for Winfried while I was in Germany. I also put him into contact with Chris Bobbitt to arrange for it to incorporate utilization of AEMS memory. He received on of the first AEMS cards delivered to Asgard for the project--a fortuitous event which got Michael Becker interested in adding AEMS memory to his SGCPU card.
  8. I suspect that if you look at your two beige cartridges, one will have the cartridge door and one will not, as the ones with the door were made in the same molds as the regular black ones. . .
  9. And a stack of two of these nicely fills a standard TI binder. . .storing 8 cartridges or tapes.
  10. Thanks for the outstanding explanation of the process you followed here!
  11. The Tomy Tutor and Mattel Aquarius versions are up on his site now too.
  12. I understand your pain here. Existence of one or more of those in a lot that is otherwise on the wrong side of acceptable price-wise will tip me into attempting to purchase said lot. . .those cartridge holders are great.
  13. I noticed what look to be disassemblies of all three Thorn EMI cartridges in there. I saw a note in the Computer War (high) file that you had relocated it--I take it that this change moved it out of 32K (sideport) and DSR ROM space and into cartridge ROM space. If so, that explains a lot about how MicroPAL was able to release that title as a standard cartridge (but kept the other two running out of expansion memory).
  14. As noted, it means the signal on that line will be an active low. Lines without the circle will be an active high. Note also that sometimes active lows will be tied high voltage-wise to make the circuit respond as desired, and active high lines may be tied low for the same type of reasons. . .the important parts of this are that the circles at the chip do not prevent the line from connecting or being read at any point along the trace it is part of, they just tell us what kind of signal is there.
  15. Note that if you have just one 1N34A in there, it will be installed with the band opposite the direction of the D9Ks. . .I usually run the D9Ks through an ohmmeter to verify the polarity, as that way I'm not forgetting what I'm doing during the installation.