IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I am also interested in games development for such a fine system, Atari please let me know.

MY first release will be a game similar to IKARI Warriors, except the 2 Rambo syle protagonists will be replaced with Tacos.

I shall call it Tacari Battlers, exclusive to Atari only. It will be family friendly as all characters will be replaced by food, all enemies will be non-tacos

• Like 2

Their "Classic Stick" is totally an XBox thumbstick with a plastic tube stuck on it, though their orgo-bot on Reddit is denying it. If it's just a mock-up "for demonstration purposes only" one has to wonder what the hell they actually expect to put in that thing. They clearly have no clue.

gallery_60562_2139_42184.jpggallery_60562_2139_552.jpg

HTB1ou8oo3n.PuJjSZFkq6A_lpXaI.jpgBlack-Replacement-thumbstick-for-Xbox-36

• Like 7

If it's supporting the paddle function, there has to be some kind of pot or optical encoder added.

I think you are forgetting their awesome workbench.

post-2410-0-47371700-1545327168_thumb.jp

Your concern is valid, but rest assured. Things aren't a mess behind the scenes.

And this!

If you own any PowerA equipment, you know it's good stuff. If you don't, well...you're soon to find out. Plus, if you're a PC gamer, you can use the modern controller to game, and of course, that's just cool.

Remember, when you're screwing up, say

The VCS is an extremely ambitious project, and we call it the "un-console" for good reason.

And when you're copying others?

It really comes down to the fact that this model is so widely accepted and loved by console AND PC communities, that we really saw little reason to reinvent the wheel here.

Do not underestimate the mighty Atari Force, assembled again!! "That's just cool."

post-2410-0-43376500-1559250064_thumb.jpeg

here's a blank one if for those who can do a better job with the lettering, which was harder than I expected.

post-2410-0-58305500-1559250118_thumb.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 15

If it's just a mock-up "for demonstration purposes only" one has to wonder what the hell they actually expect to put in that thing.

One has to wonder why, after two years, they're still at the "mock-up for demonstration purposes" stage.

• Like 8

One has to wonder why, after two years, they're still at the "mock-up for demonstration purposes" stage.

Exactly, how long does it take to gut an Xbox, slap the innards into an AtacoBox shell and slap some electrical tape on an Xbox controller connector so it is a prototype hardwired? If Atari is having problems I can send you the business card of a one "Mysterious Mr. Lee", he worked on the Retro VGS and Coleco Chameleon.

• Like 3

We want you guys along with us for the ride, though it's proven to breed a lot of negativity and naysaying. Some of it is constructive and some it, well, just isn't. It's just plain old mean trolling. I mean, it's the internet, of course it's gonna happen!

Jesus :roll: Please HTFU! :sleep:

post-52250-0-29976200-1559271666.gif

@Flo. Mission excepted :ahoy:

post-52250-0-15089000-1559272509_thumb.jpg

#EDIT - Oops .. Just realised the pigeon has breasts. Made a quick verbal sex change correction#

• Like 11

Pigeon breasts... it reminds me of a pizzeria in a neighbour city some ~15 years ago when the health department came for an unannounced visit and found a bucket of plucked pigeons in the kitchen. The owner claimed those were intended to be given to a friend and not part of the menu, which the health department doubted plus that it anyway was against regulations to keep it in a restaurant kitchen.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 11

Some more claim chowder posted by their newly active social media flack. You can be one, too! Just follow these 7 easy steps:

Step 1. Repeat the stuff that was already posted, as if it's new.

post-2410-0-86299500-1559308215_thumb.png

Step 2. Stir up the usual band of idiots your faithful supporters.

post-2410-0-20494800-1559308266_thumb.png

Step 3. Make some vague claims about good things to come. Ideally, this should be many months away, but since you've burned up a whole year, the next trade show will do.

post-2410-0-91650300-1559308318_thumb.png

Step 4. Attempt to retain your stupid pigeons engaged customers. A repetitive, cliched catchphrase is best. Mike Kennedy already took "keep the faith," so let's go with "hang tight."

post-2410-0-68693100-1559308384_thumb.png

Step 5. Unsupported quotes from your press material is shit golden.

post-2410-0-25911400-1559308516_thumb.png

Step 6. If someone asks simple question that you can't answer, just suggest that if they keep watching, maybe they'll see what they want, and you get paid for "engagement." Just don't make any promises, since marketing is completely separated from engineering. How long can you keep this up before calling people names or saying something that further hurts the project brand?

post-2410-0-90392600-1559308559_thumb.png

Step 7. Never miss an opportunity to compare your garage project with the multinational crowd favorite that has sold 86 million units. Imply that your podunk, unreleased, joke of a product comprised of commodity hardware is somehow special. Remind suckers customers that the absence of content is actually a kind of freedom. Finish with smug placement of your namesake legacy project, as if you've earned it.

post-2410-0-23848800-1559308761_thumb.png

They've built up June as their big information month. June starts tomorrow. I invite everyone, pigeons and haters alike, to sing along with me. Too corny and dated, you say? Please remember we are talking about a new friggin ATARI.

June is bustin' out all over.

All over the medder' and the hill.
Friends are bustin' out of bushes
And the rompin' river pushes every little wheel that wheels beside a mill
June is bustin' out all over
The ocean is full of Jack's and Jill's
With her little tail a-swishin',
Every lady fish is wishin' that a male would come and grab her by the gills!
Because it's June
June, June, June
Jest because it's June
June
June!
Fresh and alive
And gay and young
June is a love song sweetly sung
June is bustin' out all over!
The saplings are busting out with sap
Love has found my brother, Junior
And my sister's even loonier
And my Ma' is gettin' kittenish with Pap!
The sheep aren't sleepin' anymore!
All the rams that chase the ewe sheep are determined there'll be new sheep
And the ewe sheep aren't even keeping score!
Because it's June!
June, June, June
Jest because it's June
June
June!
It's June, June, June!
Jest because it's June
June
June!
March went out like lion
A-whippin' up the water in the bay!
Then April cried and stepped aside
And long come pretty little May!
May was full of promises
But she didn't keep 'em quick enough fer some
And a cloud of doubtin' Thomas's was predictin' that the summer'd never come
But it's comin' by dawn
We can feel it come,
You can feel it in your heart
You can see it in the ground
You can hear it in the trees
You can smell it in the breeze
Look around!
Look around!
Look around!
June is bustin' out all over
To ladies and men are payin' court
Lotsa ships are kept at anchor
Jest because the captain's hanker
Fer the comfort they can only get in port!
You can feel it comin'!
The moonlight is shinin' on the shore!
And the girls who were contrary with the boys in January aren't nearly so contrary anymore!
Because it's June
June, June, June
Jest because it's June
June
June!
  • Like 8

Remember when PolyMega said they were gonna have a "big month"? And they basically just announced that there was an expansion a lot, and oh yeah, shipping was going to be delayed?

These guys all use the same playbook, I think.

• Like 6

Remember when PolyMega said they were gonna have a "big month"? And they basically just announced that there was an expansion a lot, and oh yeah, shipping was going to be delayed?

These guys all use the same playbook, I think.

Kiting checks is a playbook now? Everything they say seems to be a variation on "I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

I wonder if the savants from the plywood garage are on board with everything being said.

post-2410-0-28010100-1559310382_thumb.gif

• Like 13

I wish I could be as enthused about anything as Max is about crypto-currency...

I'm convinced Martial is on their payroll at this point.

I'm shocked they don't have some video with patriotic music and eagles flying into sunsets ready to share every time they mention FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY...

Pigeons fighting over bread crumbs would be more appropriate but anways...

• Like 5

Oh, PDubs...you're still well and truly in the hole.

Aside from a slight blip after AMD's announcement, the stock is in the same crapper it's always been.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190530-113519.png

It's tearing up their new position on the Swedish exchange, though.

tearing not as in ripping / tɛər /, but rather tearing as in crying / tɪər /

post-2410-0-50880600-1559316971_thumb.png

• Like 3

Their backers have been waiting for exciting news the past two years lol. Last long awaited "exciting" news was a secondary button on an obsolete controller design. This thing wont even serve as a paper weight as if the slight chance they release something it will be light as a feather like all cheap and nasty electronics.

Alot of their enthusiastic blind sighted backers all seem like incognito employees commenting or bots. They all tend to talk about how awesome this system will be yet they only have dreams of great games. Well for one games are software and are completely useless unless there is hardware to run it on. Secondly the only hardware we have seen is a plastic shell and a couple of home job controller concepts.

Yeah AtariSA booth at E3 will be amazing when all they have is a shithouse 3d printed joystick that doesn't have a system to pair anyway. They would be better off ringing in sick saying they ate a bad taco.

• Like 4

By the way, has it been two years already? Only seems like ten.

Woodgrain is back in style it seems...............

https://www.ataribox.com/

BTW, Atari through Indiegogo: We got this; just need one key element; don't believe your lying eyes and everything's for "illustration purposes only" anyway. Sad!

Atari after Indiegogo: Development is haaaaaard and we're being so very transparent to show you how it is so haaaaaard.

• Like 4

I'm shocked they don't have some video with patriotic music and eagles flying into sunsets ready to share every time they mention FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY...

A Welsh expat working for a French brand custodian of an American icon with a Japanese name ...

I'm thinking more like Libertari, Egalitari, Fraternitari.

Yep. Infogrames is definitely more French than American nowadays.

Maybe Franco-American. We are all the Little Meatballs.

post-2410-0-69924500-1559321103_thumb.jpg

Oh, and ... if you like SpeakerHats, you'll love HanderPants. Underpants for your hands!

• Like 6