IGNORED

Hardware Hacking: Having Fun While Voiding Your Warranty

HardwareHacking.gifIf you're one of the many people who enjoys tinkering with electronics to see what makes them tick, then you'll want to check out Hardware Hacking: Having Fun While Voiding Your Warranty. This new book, co-authored by Joe Grand of Pixels Past and Albert Yarusso of AtariAge, dives into the world of hacking a wide variety of electronic devices. "Hardware Hacking" has over 120 pages of videogame-related hacks for the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, 8-bit computers, and the PlayStation 2. Also covered are topics such as custom case mods, iPod hacks, wireless and mobile device experimentation, and much more! Stop by the AtariAge booth at PhillyClassic 5 to buy a copy of the book at 25% off the cover price and have it autographed by Joe and Albert. Read on for more details, including PDFs of the Table of Contents, Introduction, and Foreword.

Read more...

Looks like a great book, I like Mitnick's quote about it on the cover ;)

It's at $28 at Amazon from a $40 list price. For books at that price range I usually have to thumb through it awhile at Borders or Barnes & Nobles before I commit but we'll see how the word of mouth goes :)

We'll be selling any left over books through the AA store. We'll have 100 at the show. If we run out of those, you could always ship a book to us and we'll sign it :)

Joe

Is there any way that we could pre-order the book through AA? I'd love to make it to PC5, but I don't think it's in the cards for this year. :)