IGNORED

New E.T. section where you can submit your own comments

Random Terrain

I am officially announcing my new pro-E.T. section since it seems to be ready. I included a map page and manual/tips sheet scans too:

To What Degree Do You Love E.T.?

There's also an E.T. appreciation page where you can submit your own pro-E.T. comments and read positive things others have to say about the game:

The E.T. Appreciation Page

It's easy to submit your own pro-E.T. comments. Either use the contact form at my web site or PM me here at AtariAge. Just be sure to tell me what name you want me to use, such as your real name, your AA username, or anonymous.

If you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see added to that section, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks.

Edited by Random Terrain

Well, at first I hated it! But since then, I gave it another whirl, and now I like it.  :D

That's cool. If you have anything you would like to say in favor of E.T., I'll probably put it up on the E.T. Appreciation Page, even if it's just your short statement above. Just tell me what you want to go by. I want to add as many people as possible to that page. I wouldn't mind getting so many positive messages, that I'll have to make more than one page to fit them all on.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy, happy, joy, joy. My E.T. section got listed in the news on the main page of AtariAge. I'm sure this will be the one and only time I will ever do something worth a mention, so I'm using this time to ask again if you have any pro-E.T. comments that you would like to submit to my web site. If you like E.T. in the slightest way, please speak up. I want to collect as many favorable comments as I can. If you hate E.T., but know someone who likes it, please send them to this page:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-me...preciation.html

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Random Terrain

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've got a little secret to tell about E.T. :D

The easter egg I've hidden I my VCS Simulator's game "Rays' Quest" was about E.T.

As I made it near impossible to find :ponder: ... I think I can tell now what it is :

When doing several short right and left moves with the yar pressing the fire button at the left bottom of the room located just before the Left symbols deposite room, it makes E.T. appear and crossing the screen (and gives extra lives too).

Well I've got a little secret to tell about E.T.  :D  

The easter egg I've hidden I my VCS Simulator's game "Rays' Quest" was about E.T.

As I made it near impossible to find  :ponder: ... I think I can tell now what it is :

When doing several short right and left moves with the yar pressing the fire button at the left bottom of the room located just before the Left symbols deposite room, it makes E.T. appear and crossing the screen (and gives extra lives too).

That's cool.

How can anyone like E.T.?

You fall in a pit and have to wait ages to get out.

Just don't fall in a pit. Catch yourself before you barely fall even halfway in. Simple. The joystick only has one button, so it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out which button you should hit.

Well I have to admit, I disliked E.T. because I never really knew how to play it.

However, since I've read and found out how to play the game, it sheds new light on the subject. But I have to say that, for younger players that the game would've normally attracted, they could've developed something a little easier to work with. Heck, even a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" type game engine would've worked, with instead of an inventory of items to choose from you had the command icons that you could use at will. That would've made things much easier.

You basically can use them at will if you're careful and remember the pit-free spots on each screen. . . Just keep hopping until you find what you want . . . Especially keeping track of where the "building" icons are.

One of the few changes I would make would have been to have a sound indicator of when one is in a useful spot . . . The top-of-the-screen bar isn't entirely intuitive to me . . .