IGNORED

New Starcat Developments Release

Starcat

Hi folks !

I'm happy to announce another Starcat Developments release.

Actually this should have been finished months ago already, but I just didn't find the time to finish it earlier.

It's called "Ocean Depths" and it's a collection of three parts. The first part is an relaxing slideshow similar to the popular Nuon program "Ambient Mosters". The second part is an early playable demo of Eerievale.

(Based on the version shown on EJagFest 2003, just slightly improved). And the third part is a small game on its own.

It's called "JagMIND" and I'm sure most people know the original board game Mastermind, this game is based on the same idea.

Ocean Depths comes in a DVD case similar to the painter release by Sinister Developments and of course also with a great looking CDR lable like it was already done with the Euro JagFest 2001 CD. Ocean Depths is of course fully encrypted and runs on any PAL/NTSC Jag CD unit.

It's the first game to make use of the Starcat Developments Mouse Adaptor (originally created by Matthias Domin), which can be purchased at the Starcat Developments Homepage.

To celebrate this release Starcat Developments offers a limited edition Bundle which consists of Ocean Depths, Mouse Adaptor and suitable Mouse for the bargain price of only 45 Euros including shipping worldwide. (Or 40 Euros incl shipping to Germany.) If you want one of these be sure to hurry, because once they are gone, they are gone.

Btw, now it's also possible for people who do not have paypal to send money orders.

Check it out on the official Starcat Developments Homepage.

http://Www.starcat-dev.de

Have Fun !

Regards, Lars.

Very nice, I'll have to order as soon as I can. But I don't need the bundle as I've got 3 suitable mice already. 8)

What's with the 404 error on the Star Alliance page? I wanted to take a look at it too. :sad: You are still developing that game I hope!?! :?

Hi !

No. It also runs without mouse. Then you can control the mouse cursor with the normal joypad. However with mouse it's much more enjoyable.

Everybody who played myst on the jag and has played it on the PC as well knows what I'm talking about ;-)

Regards, Lars.

I recall reading that the mouse merely enhanced playability of EerieVale, but it's not required. I can see the good points, but I could't afford the bundle.  

Oh, and on that note, I bought a copy this morning. :)

I agree, for now. I'm just going to order the cd at this point too, I'll get the mouse adapter when the full version of EerieVale comes out(Which I hope is soon, but I know it's coming as soon as possible. ;) ), since I know of nothing else to use it with right now and a demo isn't enough for me to justify it, unless it works with all three programs on the available cd? Starcat, comment?.

Hi folks !

Wow. Thanks for the kind words. :D

I had no idea so many people were actually interested in this.

The limited bundle is almost sold out already. Only two copies left.

So if you guys still want one of the packs at the special low price, you should hurry.

Gunstar: The mouse adapter can be used with all programs on the CD at least in the menu screens and entirely in eerievale of course. Ocean Depths is playing on its own later and JagMind supports the joypad.

So far there aren't any screenshots yet, but you are right. I should make some as soon as possible.

Btw, I'll take a look at the Star Alliance page later, to figure out what the problem is.

Regards, Lars.