IGNORED

GamebaseST v0.2 Released

What do you think of it?  We're desparate for some feedback (or is everyone having so much fun playing with it !).  Especially if someone knows of any better versions (I think there might be a better OIDS somewhere)

Unfortunately it may be a couple weeks before I can really play with it. I discovered gamebase for ST as well as other systems and downloaded them all. Just need time (and space) to install em and check them out.

Future CD releases could have an all-in-one setup that does everything for you, but since all the packs are optional currently there isn't a way to do it yet. It really isn't as hard as you might think, if you follow the 4 or 5 steps in the help.txt that pops up after install you should be fine, but I do realise there will be people who want everything in one go, perhaps v1.0 will have that.

Perhaps you could get one of your technical bods from Atari Times to set it up for you, would be nice for an Atari web publication to have a view of it.

Once it is setup you will find it a breeze to actually launch and play a game.

I like it so far, first time trying Gamebase, pretty neat idea although I would only do it if I can snag the entire database (games, pics, music, etc) all at once from the newsgroups or bittorrent. I just don't have my emulator files organized that way and I wouldn't look forward to putting everything in clean directories and configuring the GB frontend to find them.

That said I grabbed all 250mb worth of ST stuff from the newsgroups :D

Only question I have so far is how to resize the columns in the main window. I see that you can hide the 2nd optional column but I get a third column that eats screen space for no reason. My screenshots are scrunched over to the right side and I can't get rid of that column to make them bigger. I see your screenshot is WindowsXP and I'm running 2000 so I wonder if that's the issue.

post-1503-1089330883_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...