IGNORED

What you will miss, if you don't come to California Extreme!

safestuff

ONLY ONE WEEK UNTIL THE SHOW!

I have a bunch of new stuff to show at this year’s California Extreme show.

First off, I have located a new Atari Prototype- Accelerator! This game runs on System 2 hardware, and is a two person 'Stun Runner' type game. You race on the outside of a tube, and try to hit all of the acceleration pads and avoid obstacles. The player controls his ship with a Major Havoc type, roller controller. I have also been lucky enough to locate some concept artwork for this game! Come see both at this years show!

I will also be bringing the following games for you to play! Akka Arrh, Runaway, Arcade Classics, Lunar Battle, Bradley Trainer, Cyberstorm, Dr. Sparkz Lab, Tenth Degree, Primal Rage II, a Crystal Castles prototype, the Discs of Tron protoype, Hot Rod Rebels, Beavis and Butthead, and Die Alien Scum.

We will be having our annual Atari Panel discussion at 12 Noon on Sunday. This year we will have special guests Mike Hally and Owen Rubin, Kelly Turner and Ed Logg. Mike Hally started at Atari, during the days of Pinball, and worked on classic games such as Gravitar, Star Wars, Marble Madness, Stun Runner, Freeze, Relief Pitcher, Gauntlet Legends and countless other games. Owen Rubin worked on such as Tunnel Hunt, Space Duel, Major Havoc, Firefox and two other unreleased laserdisc games. Ed Logg worked on Centipede, Gauntlet and Asteroids, earning himself the title of 'Golden Boy' and Kelly Turner who worked on Champ Sprint, Arcade Classics, Badlands and countless other classics Atari games.

In addition, we will be having an Atari 'Film Festival' on Sunday at 2:30pm. We will be debuting footage from several Prototype Atari Laserdisc Games. We will have footage from Road Runner, BattleStar Galactica, a Golf Simulator, SPOOK, and Malibu (the laserdisc version)! We will also show footage from the 'Virtual Reality' ride, 'Playland', a roller coaster simulator that Atari was working on. In addition, we will also have insider video and interviews from the classic era of Atari.

Finally, we will present an 'Atari Museum' display for your viewing pleasure. Come see the Primal Rage dinosaur models, never before seen documents and a large display of concept artwork. We will have plenty of items,that have never been seen outside

the walls of Atari.

Go to www.caextreme.org for more info about the show!

I'm going on Sunday only. That's when all the good stuff is happening. :) Besides, I have other plans on Saturday.

It's incredible to think that not one, but TWO excellent classic gaming shows will be happening within two weeks of each other in the SF Bay Area! Talk about ground zero for...FUN! FUN! FUN! It's time for Supercade fuuuun...oh sorry. Can't get that theme song out of my head! :) :) :) :music: :love: 8) :lust: :D :thumbsup:

It was INSANE. I am just now recovering from moving my 30+ games. There were approx 420 video and pinball games. This is the highest total ever, in the 8 years of CAX. Approx 1500 people on Saturday, and 1200 on Sunday! The Atari Panel discussion was awesome, and the Atari Video Festival was a big hit. I think someone is working on a list of all the games that were there.

There will be a DVD of show highlights and the Atari Panel Discussion available in a couple of months.

There are tons of photo pages on the web with California Extreme photos. I think the best is this one- http://www.ocpinball.com. It has Quicktime Panorama shots of the entire hall. It gives you a good idea of how many games were there. Check google for the other 10 pages with pictures.

Scott

---------

Grab the Dramamine and check out www.ocpinball.com for some

headturning pictures of the California Extreme show. Go to the bottom

of the page and click on the PINORAMA link to get to the pictures.

Put the cursor in the middle of the image, press and hold the mouse

button and move the cursor to look around the room.

Sounds like it already happened then :(

Yes, it was last weekend and from the sounds of it, was a huge success! I wish I could have gone, I'll definitely have to plan for it earlier in the year for the 2005 show. 420 machines! Man, and I had fun at the Houston Arcade Expo, which was only about 80 machines. I can't even imagine trying to play all those machines over two days. :D

..Al