IGNORED

Atari 2600 Emulation hits PS2

Albert

Playstation2.jpgA new Atari 2600 emulator, PVCS 2600, has been released for the Playstation 2. PVCS is based on Virtual VCS by Dan Boris and Alex Hornby. Ron Fries' sound code and Starpath bankswitching has been added to the emulator as well. This is the first release of PVCS so it's not perfect yet, but the emulator will be improved over time. You can download PVCS 2600 and learn more about it here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Well, you have to have some way to boot the game, whether it's mod chip, swap trick, boot disc, or whatever.

Anyone tried it yet? I just got DC Stella not too long ago, I'll have to try this one too.

727637[/snapback]

the 'or whatever' that I suggest is the Sony Network adapter using the PS1DRV Hack Getting this set up is a bit of a pain but once you have it working it's great because it is pretty darn easy and doesn't require any hardware mods or swap tricks.

You just put in the PS1 disc (you can chose any from your collection to be the key disc), the standard memory card with the exploit (you can still use this memory card for game saves) and then that brings up the ps2link downloader on your PS2.

Using a host program on the PC you can download PS2 homebrew executables (like this emulator) over your network.