IGNORED

Games We Grew Up With on HGTV

Albert

hgtv_show.jpgIf you receive HGTV (Home & Garden Television) via cable or satellite, you'll want to set your VCRs and TiVos to record a show titled Games We Grew Up With on November 28th (Sunday) at 9pm ET/PT. The show takes a nostalgic look back at "the games that defined our childhoods", including board games, backyard games, and video games. The segment should feature a figure who is prominent in the classic gaming scene and familiar to AtariAge visitors. If you miss the show on the 28th, it also airs on the 29th, as well as near the end of December (airdates can be found here).

just watched the show it was very good (I knew that one of AA would be there (curt, how does it feel to be a celeberty))

I enjoyed the whole show also! Nice .. feel good show.

Funny ... the Hasbro guy stated the rules of a good game .. which is what I heard Nolan Bushnell say back in the 70s.

1. Easy to learn.

2. Repeat playability.

One game that I haven't thought about for a long time is Life. I really enjoyed that game in elementary school.

I thought that Trivial Pursuit and Pictionary are too modern to be included here.

Curt is becoming a popular TV personality and spokesman for classic video games! He has a good sounding voice!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

That was a fun show, one of the better one's I've participated in over the years, I hadn't seen the footage until tonight and my wife and I enjoyed watching it and it was cool watching all the various games, Clue was one of the better segments (besides the parts of me ;-) because I used to play that a lot as a kid and I had completely forgotten about it... watching the air hockey tables makes me really want to get one... ahhhh someday :-)

I'm surprised how little footage they used for me seeing as the film crew was hear in my office and in the rec room for about 4+ hours shooting footage...

Then again they needed to put in some real time for the whole Pac Man segment and interviewing the Namco guys and such... I was disappointed that he didn't actually say GCC was the company that made Ms. Pac Man (well actually they made Crazy Otto which was what Ms Pac Man became with only a few minor changes) he referred to them as some hackers.

Curt

Hey how funny.. I'm sitting here watching the show (I just stumbled upon it) and fired up the laptop while sitting on the couch and here's the topic on it. :D

I was wondering if there would be an Atari section on it.... and now I know :)

im glad you bumped this thread because i totally forgot about it

i saw thios thread grabbed the remote hit 040 and bam it was 1am and it was just comming on, and its right at the dodgeball part of the show :D

I enjoyed it. I used to love kickball but they always used to make us use the big balls (giggle) so we couldnt kick it that far.

We used those small, reddish balls (kickballs!) and damn do those sting when you get hit! :)

..Al

They made us use pool balls. ;)

-S

I enjoyed it. I used to love kickball but they always used to make us use the big balls (giggle) so we couldnt kick it that far.

We used those small, reddish balls (kickballs!) and damn do those sting when you get hit! :)

..Al

They made us use pool balls. ;)

-S

Pool balls meaning billiards balls, or pool balls being those big inflatable balls you throw around in the swimming pool? :D

..Al

Four square is played in a big 2x2 square with kids in each of the four boxes. You take a kickball type of ball and you have to bounce it in one of the other player's box. That's about all I remember, I know you had to push the ball because you couldn't pick it up but I can't recall the scoring system right now.

Ok, that hurt my head trying to remember all that. Google is much easier :)

http://home.earthlink.net/~amgreiner/4square.html

http://www.gameskidsplay.net/games/ball_ga.../foursquare.htm

Four square is played in a big 2x2 square with kids in each of the four boxes.  You take a kickball type of ball and you have to bounce it in one of the other player's box.  That's about all I remember, I know you had to push the ball because you couldn't pick it up but I can't recall the scoring system right now.

Ok, that hurt my head trying to remember all that.  Google is much easier :)

http://home.earthlink.net/~amgreiner/4square.html

http://www.gameskidsplay.net/games/ball_games/foursquare.htm

I preferred the 2-square variant :)

I would prefer George Carlin's description of four square: racket-less four way ping pong played with an inflated ball and no net while standing on the table. :)

gavv