IGNORED

The 2005 Video Game Summit

Dan Iacovelli

The 2005 Video Game Summit

For Immediate Release:

The Atari Video Club/Jaguar Community United announced thier plans for

thier next Video game and Computer trade show in 2005 entitled the 2005 Video Game Summit.

The date of the show will be July 16th, 2005 from 9am to 6pm at the same location we had the last two shows Fairfield inn and Suites (Heron point building), 645 West North Ave, Lombard, IL 60148.

Based on the number of tables sold from the first two shows It was deciced to only use one big room and the hallway for this years show. But don't let that discourage you because this years show will have something the last two shows didn't;Free Internet access and by request of many people from the last two shows We will be having Food and Beverage served at the show. Besides that we plan to have many tournaments as well as raffles at the show. Admission is Free to the public and tables are $15.00 each(limit 4).

Registation begins January 8th,2005,You can register On-line by using the form at the Video Game Summit website or by mailing your Table payments(checks or money orders only) to: Video Game summit c/o Daniel Iacovelli, 1431 Mandel Ave. Westchester,IL 60154-3434 attn: Table payments (Make Checks or Money orders payable to Dan Iacovelli) (if you have a Paypal account that is funded by a bank account or money in the account already(no credit cards please) please register online by using the form).

All those who Register will recieve a personlized VGS name tag/Button and thier choice of

Prgram format(print or PdF version).

Interested in becoming a sponsor for the show? See the Sponsorship form at the Video Game Summit Website for full deatils.

Join the Video Game Summit mailing list for updates on the event (VideoGameSummit-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com)

Visit the VGS website: http://avc.atari-users.net/Events/FestVGS.html

For more information about Video Game Summit contact Daniel Iacovelli at AtariVideoClub@yahoo.com

END PRESS RELEASE

A quick note:

even though I emtioned a while back about the old VGS items will be taken down from VGS shop at cafepress.com on the 8th. I have extended it to tuesday. so if haven't purchased any thing from 2004 show from the shop tuesday will be the last day so I can make room for the 2005 items with the new graphic.

Also on tuesday I'll have a anouncement about the food that we will have

at the show(if you looked at the form for registration at the web site the you'll prob know).

food to be served at VGS'05

For Immediate Release:

The Atari Video Club/Jaguar Community United announced thier plans for

thier next Video game and Computer trade show in 2005 entitled the 2005 Video Game Summit.

The date of the show will be July 16th, 2005 from 9am to 6pm at the same location we had the last two shows Fairfield inn and Suites (Heron point building), 645 West North Ave, Lombard, IL 60148.

This year we are pleased to have Pizza and pop served at this year's show. Pizza's are 16" and serve four people and they are $8.50 per person

Pop is being served by consumption at $1.50.

For those who are interested in reserving your Pizza for the show please

use the registration form at the website for more information.

Join the Video Game Summit mailing list for updates on the event

(VideoGameSummit-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com)

For more information about Video Game Summit

contact Daniel Iacovelli at AtariVideoClub@yahoo.com

END PRESS RELEASE

• 3 weeks later...
a quick note:

the mail server that I use for the forms at vgs site(as well as AVC online)

is currently having problems. if you used to the form to register plese e-mail me the info to my yahoo addy(atarivideoclub@yahoo.com) and in subject mention VGS'05.

Hopefully the server will be fixed soon.

the server is back up now so the forms can be used.

• 1 month later...

The Video Game Summit shop opens

For Immediate Release:

We are pleased to announce the re-opening of the

Video Game Summit Shop at cafepress.com ( http://www.cafepress.com/vgs )

all products from last year have been upadted with new designs for this year.

plus we have added two new items ( a rectrangle sticker and a bumper sticker).

All items are reasonable priced(these items will also be shown at the show and

like last year orders will be taken at the show as well).

The 2005 Video Game Summit will be on July 16th,2005 from 9am to 6pm

Fairfield inn and Suites (Heron point building), 645 West North Ave,

Lombard, IL 60148.

Join the Video Game Summit mailing list for updates on the event

(VideoGameSummit-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com)

For more information about Video Game Summit

contact Daniel Iacovelli at AtariVideoClub@yahoo.com

END PRESS RELEASE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

quick update:

besides selling VGcollector magazines at the entrance tables

I have heard back from GDG and they are going to be sending us copies of Ralph baers new book at the show.

(quick reminder: plenty of tables are still available if you plan to get a table please let me know, deadline is getting close)

Quick note:

Effective today, I will only be doing invoices for people who pay by check or money order. Pay pal users will be directed to register at http://vgs05.mollyguard.com.

I will be reworking the forms to reflect the change over later today.

842028[/snapback]

update: moved everything to all one page and the form now redirects to the mollyguard site mentioned above, (non-pay pal user information is also listed on the mollyguard registration form)

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick bump, to remind people who haven't registered for tables yet that the premium spots are going fast now(these are tables by the walls in the room) I can't say how many is left because I have to conact a certine place still who might be coming and they might want more then the limit.

• 2 weeks later...
just a quick bump, to remind people who haven't registered for tables yet that the premium spots are going fast now(these are tables by the walls in the room) I can't say how many is left because I have to conact a certine place still who might be coming and they might want more then the limit.

850241[/snapback]

Just wondering who's going be coming to the show

tables are still available (the premier spots are almost filled up(these are the ones

by the outlets along the wall in the room))

I plan to drive up and attend this, especially since the midwest gaming classic won't be happening this year.

862108[/snapback]

so your saying if MGC was happing this year you wouldn't make it to VGS'05.

hope to see you there.

to anybody else: the deadline for tables is fast apporching(I might have news

on extending the deadline for one week though)

I'm going to be there for sure! I got two tables, and two sets of bongos for Donkey Konga so c'mon over! I'll be bringing the Japanese version of Konga (so there are some weird songs on there no one has heard, and I don't know what they're called since I don't read Japanese), Samba de Amigo, and some Japanese music-related games for PS2. Will anyone have a Japan modified PS2 there?

I think that my friend that I'm sharing tables with will bring a C64 and a ton of games. I think that we'll also have an Atari Video Music going, so it should be a lot of raucus fun. Since there's not going to be an MGC in Milwaukee, this is it for us midwesterners!

I'll also bring lots of junk to trade, so let's use this thread to make requests for what we should bring to trade, eh?

I'm going to be there for sure!  I got two tables, and two sets of bongos for Donkey Konga so c'mon over!  I'll be bringing the Japanese version of Konga (so there are some weird songs on there no one has heard, and I don't know what they're called since I don't read Japanese), Samba de Amigo, and some Japanese music-related games for PS2.  Will anyone have a Japan modified PS2 there?

I think that my friend that I'm sharing tables with will bring a C64 and a ton of games.  I think that we'll also have an Atari Video Music going, so it should be a lot of raucus fun.  Since there's not going to be an MGC in Milwaukee, this is it for us midwesterners!

I'll also bring lots of junk to trade, so let's use this thread to make requests for what we should bring to trade, eh?

863193[/snapback]

I'm looking foward to seeing you there as well bohus( if you have the new svengoolie t-shirt wear it to the show (I haven't ordered mine yet but I will))

there are still plenty of tables remaining if you haven't goten your table please do so soon.

just wanted to tell you a couple things:

first, newpaper listings from last years show was added to the news section of the VGS website.

and second after much consideration, I have decided to extend the deadline for registation from June 15th to June 26th(after that I won't be accepting payments)

I will have my new Super ColecoVision there on display for all of those who dare behold all of its mighty premis! I'll also have a couple of A/V and S-Video modded ColecoVisions there for sale as well, along with about 100 ColecoVision games and accessories.

supercolecovision507dr.png

I'm going to be there for sure! 

863193[/snapback]

I'm looking foward to seeing you there as well bohus( if you have the new svengoolie t-shirt wear it to the show (I haven't ordered mine yet but I will))

863209[/snapback]

I was thinking of doing that, though wardrobe is always tough to plan this far ahead. :)

I will have my new Super ColecoVision there on display for all of those who dare behold all of its mighty premis! 

supercolecovision507dr.png

867354[/snapback]

Keep your Coleco's "mighty penis" back in Ohio, boy...

That's a helluva typo there, Mike. :)

Seriously we've got to figure out how I can trade you a couple Coleco's, about ten Atari Juniors, and some laser discs for one of those sweet modded Coleco's, and somehow make you feel like you got a good deal. :)