IGNORED

Mess .90 released

Mitch

Gotta try this with kenfused latest posting for Beef Drop (09 Jan 2005 - 00:42). Use the file Bd78pok.a78 and get ready to play, see and *hear* Beef Drop in all its glory! Sounds fantastic.

Great work to MESS team and of course Kenfused, for his fixes to 7800 emulation/driver and all his hard work with Beef Drop!

-Trebor

Here's a complete list of changes. I really wish they'd just put this on the website or in a readme--I have to download the app on a Windows PC, run it, and then look at the help file to see the changelog!

New System Drivers Supported (in no particular order):

------------------------------------------------------

- Amiga (readded; based on MAME Arcadia work) [Nate Woods, Mariusz Wojcieszek]

System Driver Changes:

----------------------

- [A7800] Changed driver to use MAME/MESS standard 6532 RIOT code. [Ken Siders]

- [AT] Marked driver as compatible with IBM-PC. [Nate Woods]

- [bBC] BBCB1770 merged into BBCB. Also modernized the driver, added tape and split mode support. [Gordon Jefferyes]

- [COCO] Fixed a bug in DMK image creation that caused MESS and Imgtool to always zero count sectors when created. (bug #630) [Nate Woods]

- [COCO3] Fixed a regression that prevented cartridges from loading on startup. [Nate Woods]

- [COCO3] Fixed a regression that prevented hires text blinking from updating properly. (bug #628) [Nate Woods]

- [COCO3H] Fixed a bug in the 6309 LDBT/STBT instructions. (bug #625) [Nate Woods]

- [JAGUAR] Fixed fatal regression introduced in 0.89. (bug #626) [Nate Woods]

- [PC] Implemented CGA color composite artifact colors. (bug #431) [John Elliott]

- [PC] Fixed a problem in the PIC8254 interrupt controller, and enhanced natural keyboard support. [Nate Woods]

- [PC] Fixed hard drive support to recognize CHD geometry information. [Nate Woods]

..Al

Hmm, you mean like this? :)

I have looked through the CVS tree before, but it's not an obvious place to look and there are usually newer submissions than the fresh "release". I would really like to see a "What's New" page on the site (and update it with each release) or include the list of changes as part of their news when they post new versions. Even a link to the proper CVS page with the latest "messnew.txt" file would be an improvement. :)

..Al