IGNORED

The iAtariMac

Brian R.

Oh, I don't know...not any more a waste of a 2600 than stuffing a miniITX mobo in one. No, wait...it might be. Nah. Nothing wrong with Macs. I am a Windows person, but do appreciate great hardware and software when I see it. Macs are decent computers. Now that the miniMac is out, I may just have to get one.

Oh, and to stay on topic...the videos for the link above are off line. Does'nt look good for them returning either. Too bad. I'd like to have seen it.

If only TechTV were still around. sigh.

RIP-TechTV

Well, some brave soul, I am sure, will take a shiny new Mac Mini and stuff it into an Atari cabinet. It's perfect: the mobo in the Mac is tiny. It is smaller than the Nano-Itx (as seen on the Screen Savers.) It's gotta happen!

Too bad the Flashback thing is too small. (Although I see VIA is release a half sized Nano-Itx...hmm...)

Does anyone know of any mirrors for this video? I haven't had a chance to watch them yet and the videos have been taken down due to bandwidth restrictions. I'm sure the Slashdotting didn't help. I was going to post some news about this also, but it's kind of pointless if the videos are not available.

Thanks!

..Al

I'm not sure how I got to this forum, I clicked the link that said "Discuss" next to the contest news bit on the main page.

So what's up?

:D

I meant that I was sorry for my earlier, unrelated post, and I'm not sure, but maybe that link on the main page is pointing to the wrong forum. =)

Sometimes I'm a little obscure!

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw the video yesterday. It was interesting to see how they manage to accomplish their task. They had no real experience in doing these sort of things and yet things went smootly in the end.

I know that I would love to have such an item but I figured it would be too expensive to put together.