IGNORED

Atari Sweater Tsunami Relief Auction

Albert

sweater.jpgHow would you like to own a one-of-a-kind, hand-knit sweater featuring some of your favorite Atari 2600 games, while at the same time contributing to the tsunami relief efforts? AtariAge user gospeedde has created an original Howard Scott Warshaw commemorative sweater, which she has graciously donated to be auctioned on eBay to help the tsunami relief efforts. A full 100% of the auction's proceeds will be donated to AmeriCares, a disaster relief & humanitarian organization now working in the area devastated by the tsunami, and AtariAge will pay the shipping for the sweater to any global destination served by the US Postal Service. Don't miss out on this opportunity to help a worthy cause and pick up a very unique piece of Atari memorabilia! You can bid on the sweater here--Good luck!

Yep (I won it). But Gateway had mentioned in the original sweater thread (get it? sweater? thread? :roll: ) the idea of donating it for a worthy cause, and I thought that was a good idea, since the tsunami happened right around the time of the contest. So I mentioned it to gospeedde, and she liked the idea, so there you go. :)

I'd also like to point out that gospeedde sent me another very cool sweater as a replacement for the contest prize. She's an extremely generous person, and the sweater is awesome (excellent quality, and really comfy). Whoever ends up with the Atari one will be very happy wearing it, plus they'll get additional warm fuzzies from donating to a worthy cause. :D