IGNORED

Jaguar Reversi Homebrew In Development

Albert

JagReversi.jpgIf you're a fan of the popular board game Reversi and also follow the Jaguar scene, you'll be glad to learn that Matthias Domin is creating a version for the Jaguar. Reversi for the Jaguar will be released on an encrypted CD and features graphics by Duranik and music and sound effects by Nils Feske. In Reversi two players try to dominate an 8x8 playfield. Each player moves in succession, trying to capture pieces of his opponent by surrounding them with his own stones. The following features have been announced thus far:

• Four game modes: Human vs. Computer, Human vs. Human, Computer vs. Human, and Computer vs. Computer
  • Multi-lingual
  • MemoryTrack support for saving game settings
  • Includes a BJL-loader for uploading RAM-based programs from your PC to the Jaguar.

For more information and to follow the game's development, please visit the Jaguar Reversi Development Page.

Hi Matthias !

The game looks really great!

Can you estimate yet, how much of the game is done?

Btw, on the Reversi site, there are screenshots of the game mode screens (choosing who plays against who), are those static screens or animated?

I am assuming static, as animated ones would probably take tons of memory.

Just curious.

Regards, Lars.

Hello!

Hi Matthias !

The game looks really great!  

Can you estimate yet, how much of the game is done?

I just have to add some more translations and probably should take a look at the Artificial Intelligence of the computer-opponent, and brush up some of the standard-Jaguar-Game-elements (like the graphic-elements of the volume-changing screens), but that's it i think.

Btw, on the Reversi site, there are screenshots of the game mode screens (choosing who plays against who), are those static screens or animated?

I am assuming static, as animated ones would probably take tons of memory.

Just curious.

The selected dialog-element is animated (player-name or the globe in the center), these animations are done using pre-rendered graphics, so you are absolutely right, they consume a lot of memory (as all those overscan background-pictures do as well).

Regards

Matthias

Hi Matthias !

Great to hear that.

As it seems to be finished soon, do you know yet how you will publish it?

Will it be a printed CDR or mastered CD?

Will you release it in a paper box or in a DVD box (which is almost like a standard for new releases CD already).

Regards, Lars.

Hello!

Hi Matthias !

Great to hear that.  

As it seems to be finished soon, do you know yet how you will publish it?

No, i haven't decided that yet.

Will it be a printed CDR or mastered CD?

Will you release it in a paper box or in a DVD box (which is almost like a standard for new releases CD already).

An inkjet-printed CD-R in a DVD would be the easiest for me as i own such a printer.

Regards

Matthias

Hi Matthias!

Same with me :)

The only thing that made me wonder about alternatives, is the CDR reading problem that some units have.

Although maybe I can find better media that doesn't have this problem. I will experiment with that before the JagWorm release, which will probably still be this year.

Did you experiment with CDR types yet? What CDRs do you usually use?

Regards, Lars.

Hi Matthias!

Verbatim? Actually I was thinking about using those as well for JagWorm, but I haven't tested them myself yet.

Maybe your experiences with that media can help me too once reversi is available, afterall it seems to be the next game that gets a release.

Regards, Lars.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I can't wait.... it looks friggin amazing... like a mix between wargames and tron look :)
Yes, Wargames comes to mind, especially when it's playing itself... ;)

Oh, I have another version to test, but am away on mission for 3 days. :(

Cheers,

JustClaws.

• 2 weeks later...

This new beta is extremely cleaned-up (in ALL languages I think)

And I must tell you, that we should have a whole collection of such puzzle games.

It would be a smash hit!

(I love when the tiles flip to change their colour!)

I like to play with the red-yellow ones. What about the other testers?