IGNORED

2006 AtariAge Holiday Sale!

Albert

2006 AtariAge Holiday Sale!

It's that time of year and we know many of you have been waiting for the annual AtariAge Holiday Sale! This year's sale is bigger than ever, with the introduction of several new Atari 2600 and 7800 titles, and of course, the 2006 Holiday Cart: Toyshop Trouble! This is an exciting, new homebrew game, the result of collaboration between several homebrew authors and artists! And best of all, you can get Toyshop Trouble free a purchase of $100 or more in the store!

2006newgames.jpg

So, what's new in the store?

You can learn all about these new titles by clicking the links above. Also back are two previous AtariAge Holiday Carts: Holiday Qb and Reindeer Rescue! If you missed an opportunity to buy these games in 2004 and 2005, now you can buy them to enjoy. They aren't limited, numbered versions, but they are both outstanding homebrew games that we want to give everyone a chance to play.

In addition to all of the above titles, we also have other additions to the store:

All orders will receive a FREE Atari Anniversary Edition CD with any orders over $10! This CD includes 12 Atari arcade hits that you can play on your PC (Windows only). You don't need to do anything special to receive this CD, just submit your order and as long as it's over $10 you'll get a copy of this CD free!

If you haven't been keeping tabs on all the new homebrew releases this year, here's a quick list of other titles that have made their debut this year:

Best of all, each of the above games is 10% Off during this sale!

And finally, all orders of $150 or more within the US will receive FREE Priority Mail Shipping! This sale runs through January 15th, 2007 so don't delay!

Can't wait til Thurs (when I get paid)

Then I'll get me some Holiday cart lovin :D

Agreed :)

Wow, I have a lot of money to spend this paycheck... thankfully I have a GOOD bit that's mine to play with :)

Between buying gifts, money for the birthday party and now this... hehe.

My order is sorta placed.

I filled my shopping cart nicely...

A-VCS-tec Challenge

BLiP Football

Four-Play

2006 Holiday Cart: Toyshop Trouble

Lady Bug

Space Battle

Medieval Mayhem

Santa Simon

But am going to wait to checkout until I can get to the confirmation email before the wife sees it (which will be this weekend)

Yep. I'm pathetic. :P

Plus I still have Dark Mage, Reindeer Rescue and Adventure II to look foward to from last year!

Sha-weet!!!!

Edited by jetset

I feel so mixed... Part of me is going "Finally!" and part of me is going "oh crap, there goes a chunk of my paycheck". Especially after my last purchase of questionable sanity...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280054681935

That and I'm jonesing for some of the 5200 homebrew action too... :D

Hex.

[ Doing his part for economic growth... ]

Just ordered!

soon-to-be under the Christmas tree:

2006 Holiday Cart: Toyship Trouble

Medieval Mayhem

BLiP Football

Pac-Man Collection

Dark Mage

Video Game Collector Issue #5

Video Game Collector Issue #6

Woop!

Edited by bones

Could anybody please explain Blip Football to someone who has only basic knowledge of American football?

I looked at the screenshots, but I hardly got any idea about the gameplay. :? :? :?

Screenshots of BLiP Football will only make sense to those who have played the original electronic football it's based on. It's a pretty primitive version of "American football". Here's a brief description from the Wikipedia article on the subject:

American football, known in the United States and Canada simply as football, is a competitive team sport. The object of the game is to score points by advancing the football into the opposing team's end zone. The ball can be advanced by carrying the ball, or by throwing or handing it from one teammate to the other. Points can be scored in a variety of ways, including carrying the ball over the goal line, throwing the ball to another player past the goal line or kicking it through the goal posts on the opposing side. The winner is the team with the most points when the time expires and the last play ends. However, tied games can occur if the score remains tied after the conclusion of an overtime period.

..Al

Could anybody please explain Blip Football to someone who has only basic knowledge of American football?

I looked at the screenshots, but I hardly got any idea about the gameplay. :? :? :?

you try to get your man (the blip you control) to the other end of the field. By moving up down and right (not sure if left is possible in this version. Some older handheld blip games only allowed movement to the right). If you were not quick enough with moving your blip you would get tackeld. The other blips are trying to stop you from scoring.

Al beat me to it. I also found this on the net: Link to Mattel Football Info

Edited by jay2068

you try to get your man (the blip you control) to the other end of the field. By moving up down and right (not sure if left is possible in this version. Some older handheld blip games only allowed movement to the right). If you were not quick enough with moving your blip you would get tackeld. The other blips are trying to stop you from scoring.

Yes, you can move up and down. The "field" is three pixels tall. :)

..Al

Screenshots of BLiP Football will only make sense to those who have played the original electronic football it's based on.

That's my problem, I suppose. It's one of those, right?

I do understand American football well enough to follow a game (actually I even watched a few games of NFL-Europe live in the stadium).

BTW: Is the binary going to be released soon?

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch