IGNORED

Welcome!

Albert

• 3 years later...
This board is for discussion of anything Atari 5200 related.  Surely there are plenty of 5200 fans out there, even if the stock controllers are horrible!   icon_smile.gif

Aww, the 5200 controllers arn't THAT bad!

(Don't look at me like that, you guys made me do this!) :P

This board is for discussion of anything Atari 5200 related.  Surely there are plenty of 5200 fans out there, even if the stock controllers are horrible!   icon_smile.gif

Agreed.Now there are 'gold plates' buttons that can be used for the 5200 buttons.A great acheivement in 5200 technology.Its great to have a place to talk about it now :)

Agreed.Now there are 'gold plates' buttons that can be used for the 5200 buttons.A great acheivement in 5200 technology.Its great to have a place to talk about it now :)

I'm too damn cheap. I just glued aluminum foil to the carbon dots...

I'm not quite that cheap.  I used double-sided tape to stick foil dots on the bumps.
I like superglue. Wouldn't have wanted to deal with tape.

I've actually done this on some old TV remotes. It works pretty well, for awhile anyways. The superglue being solid cracks over time under use and then the dots fall off, causing the remote to do odd things by itself (like suddenly turn the volume up to full). I think the double-stick tape idea would last longer seeing has how the tape is spongey and allows flexing. I can't say since I never tried that because I never thought of it before. :P

• 7 months later...
This board is for discussion of anything Atari 5200 related.  Surely there are plenty of 5200 fans out there, even if the stock controllers are horrible! 

1[/snapback]

:ponder:

Is this the 1st ever AtariAge post? (Post #1)?

:)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...