IGNORED

Mord's Blog - Test Realm

RSS Bot

Ok got the new roomloader working. Here's a little map of the realm. I've moved the sprites to push them off the screen for now. They're not serving a purpose yet anyway.

blog-4460-1168202209_thumb.jpg

You start in room 1 when you start up the rom. Room 2 is the only room right now that is using relative-exits. I had problems with it in the code at first so changed all the rooms to explicit then turned 2 back into relative to test. The problem was me, not the code. Basically I was adding the wrong thing to the room data. I could go back and change the rooms back to relative but no drastic need for the test Realm.

The top of room 6 loops back into the bottom of room 2, much as it did before. The side exits in the room demonstrate dead exits. The ball is used for the side wall in rooms 3 and 5.

Room 7 (and room 6) both use indirect playfield loading. Room 7 uses the playfield data from Room 1. Room 6 uses data from Room 3.

Room 4's side exits loop back into the same room. It has the effect of repositioning the player but doesn't drop a frame to reload the room.

The collision detection still has a few details to work out so you can't push against a wall smoothly as you exit a room - it tends to stick the player. However walls should no longer grab the player permanently like they did in the last version. (I've added Region/Room info to the backup routine.)

action_rpg_v011_TestRealm.bin

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2670