IGNORED

Reminder - gathering at Dauber's place! (Chicago)

Dauber

Next Saturday, January 20th, is the date!

WHEN: 1:00pm CST to whenever

WHERE: Dauber's apartment on the north side of Chicago

WHY: Because we love our classic video games! (And also, my wife is away, so I can actually get away with doing this!)

I have a couple of folks confirmed already. But let's have a day to just completely fry our brains on some classic video games! I have an Atari 7800 so we can get into both 2600 and 7800 stuff (and perhaps even a Warlords battle -- I just bought a second pair of paddles!), and I also have an Intellivision that we can do stuff with.

PARKING: Surprisingly, it's fairly easy to park (for free) in my neighborhood, so it should be plentiful.

MASS TRANSIT: I live close to an L stop, and the CTA bus stops in front of my building.

FOOD: Probably the usual party stuff -- snackage, maybe some large round Italian-like discs with cheese and tomato sauce at some point, I dunno. I'm not a big drinker, so if you want alcohol, either suggest to me what to get or bring some with you.

If interested, please PM me and I'll give you the appropriate details...

Edited by Dauber

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanna thank, in alphabetical order -- Inky, jbanes, Sandy Cheeks and Supercat for being the first people outside of my family to set foot into Chez Dauber. :)

Great time...unfortunately, not much in terms of pictures, but I'll post what I can. I do have video of us seeing Toyshop Trouble for the first time -- and a most excellent game, I must say; if I get money, I'll definitely buy it. :)

We also had a four-player Medieval Mayhem featuring a come-from-behind upset by yours truly, partially thanks probably to jbanes' having to leave in the middle of the game...

Thanks, all!

Okay....here is EVERY picture I took....a grand total of TWO: one moving, one still!

The still: I wanted to immortalize Inky's first time ever playing an Intellivision. I think he didn't find it as exciting as he thought it'd be. He didn't like Bomb Squad, one of my faves...

The video is of Supercat showing us Toyshop Trouble. The cast:

- jbanes -- the guy with the beard and glasses and is not sitting by the window

- Inky -- the guy with the glasses but no beard

- Supercat -- the guy with the beard and glasses and sitting by the window

- Sandy Cheeks -- the gal with the glasses whom you see with a bookcase in the background

- me -- the owner of the lips of which there's an extreme close-up when I tried to capture myself but didn't do so well.

So....it appears I was the only AA member in my apartment who doesn't wear glasses...

th_ToyshopTroubleDemo.jpgpost-1050-1169533531_thumb.jpg