IGNORED

Too Many Games - April 15th, 2007 - Reading, PA - FREE ADMISSION

ECGXChuck

Salutations my good video game collectors! I said it would be a while until I did my next convention, but I was wrong! The pang of convention organizing has hit me once more, and this April 15th will be the birth of Too Many Games!

Too Many Games gets back to the foundation of gaming conventions. For anyone who came out for the first East Coast Gaming Expo way back in 2004, Too Many Games is going to bring back that atmosphere of casualness. People can just come in, hang out, play some games, shop around in the marketplace, catch up with old friends, and not have to pay a cent to do so.

Too Many Games will be free admission! We feel that going with no admission cost opens the doors to a larger amount of people to come in and join the fun and meet others in the game playing and collecting communities!

If you have a huge pile of extra gear you'd like to part with, or if you're the artistic type who would like to sell some of your video game themed art, we offer vendor tables at prices that can't be beat! $20 gets you your own little slice of the Too Many Games marketplace! Anyone who does an exclusive homebrew game release (console or handheld) at Too Many Games gets their table for 50% off!

Check out the official Too Many Games website, conveniently located at www.toomanygames.com for more info on the show, events planned, pics of prior events, and all sorts of other goodies!

Edited by ECGXChuck

• 1 month later...

Hey AA readers! I wanted to send out a little update about the show.

We've sold out of tables for this April's Too Many Games convention. 23 vendors have purchased 50 tables to be filled up with all sorts of gaming goodies! We have a pile of returning vendors including Video Game Connection, Collector's Cards & Games, Jersey Games, Microplay, Mad-Gear, Pocono Arcade Company and a whole pile more! A complete list of all vendors who will be at the show is available at www.toomanygames.com

Matt Gauslin (Snyper) is also going to be releasing Cola Invaders for the 2600 at Too Many Games. Cola Invaders is also known 'Coke Wins' and 'Pepsi Invaders'. Cola Invaders will be produced in cart form with label, box, and manual!. Only 30 copies will be made available at Too Many Games, so be sure to get there early to secure your copy! Matt hopes this release will give more people the opportunity to play this classic mythical Atari game on actual hardware and to learn a little more about its history. To celebrate its release, Too Many Games will also be holding a Cola Invaders tournament, and the prize will be a free copy of the game!

I hope to see everyone this April at The Inn at Reading in Reading, PA! For more info on the show check out www.toomanygames.com

For anyone who's interested, I'm pretty sure I have a final floorplan now. You can check it out to see who's going to be where. Print out a copy and bring it with you to know where you favorite vendors will be, or see who's new to this year's event.

The floorplan's available at

http://www.toomanygames.com/images/floorplanB.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I will be releasing the Atari 2600 game Cola Invaders at the show. It is Pepsi Invaders with instructions and box. This release reveals a little history on the game and some strategies for playing too. For anyone wanting to own Pepsi Invaders/Coke Wins on a cart, this is a great opportunity. There will be a high score contest held and the winner (excluding myself) will recieve a free copy of the game.

I will be releasing the Atari 2600 game Cola Invaders at the show. It is Pepsi Invaders with instructions and box. This release reveals a little history on the game and some strategies for playing too. For anyone wanting to own Pepsi Invaders/Coke Wins on a cart, this is a great opportunity. There will be a high score contest held and the winner (excluding myself) will recieve a free copy of the game.

Can you post a picture of Cola Invaders? Will you be selling it online after the show?

Can you post a picture of Cola Invaders? Will you be selling it online after the show?

Yes, there will be 10-15 copies available after the show for those that can't attend.

Here's some shots. Please note that there will be a foam insert in the box to hold all the goodies. Each one is numbered and I am going to keep track of everyone who buys one so that I have a record of all the owners. If anyone doesn't want to give out a name, I would accept a handle or nickname as well.

Some pics below...

post-587-1175913268_thumb.jpg

post-587-1175913284_thumb.jpg

post-587-1175913309_thumb.jpg

post-587-1175913323_thumb.jpg

Yes, there will be 10-15 copies available after the show for those that can't attend.

Here's some shots. Please note that there will be a foam insert in the box to hold all the goodies. Each one is numbered and I am going to keep track of everyone who buys one so that I have a record of all the owners. If anyone doesn't want to give out a name, I would accept a handle or nickname as well.

Some pics below...

It looks great! I want one!

How much will the Cola Invaders cost and will it be available as soon as the show opens? I ask because I plan to go, but can't stay that long because I have to get back for my daughters soccer game.

The cart will be avialable as soon as the show starts. I am limiting the initial purchase to one per person until the end of the show and if there are any left, I will make those available if people want more than one.

You should at least try to stick around to compete in the tournament because the tournament cart is unique 1 of a kind.

The price for Cola Invaders is $40 at the show. I have spent many hours of time on this project and hundreds of dollars and have made the price as cheap as I could. I was also planning on offering free shipping to Atariage members after the show.

I attended this today-great show! That Cola Invaders tourney got pretty damn intense there at the end!

Heh, it certainly did! I was up front running the Halo and Wii Sports Tennis tournament, and every couple minutes there'd be a shout from the back as someone squeaked out another couple hundred points to take the high score. 8*)

Glad you had a great time, hopefully we'll get some more AA'ers at this fall's event! Only a couple people came up to me and said they heard about the show from AA! We need more people! If anyone remembers the good ol' days of CinciClassic and PhillyClassic, TMG has that exact same atmosphere. And since we have the chance to charge the vendors so little for tables, they pass their savings directly onto the attendees who are there to shop!

Thanks go out to Matt for producing and releasing Cola Invaders at this weekend's Too Many Games! If anyone else has a homebrew ready by late August, drop me a line, we'd LOVE to do another exclusive release at this fall's show!

The hubby and I were able to make it up there. It was our first time attending an event like this. We had such a great time (thanks ECGXChuck). I was able to pick up some loose SNES games for $2.50 a piece and boxed Atari 2600's as low as $2.00. Even got some sealed ones for $3.00 each. Can't beat them prices! Definitely looking forward to the next one.