IGNORED

Anybody else build there own masterplay?

VTAtari

I was wondering if anybody else here has built a masterplay interface. I took about two days to build one, and what a difference it makes in pacman, etc.

I attempted the composite mod, but the board degenerated after a week. I tried to fit everything in the case, I think next time I will put a 25 pin plug in and solder the whole thing in an exterior case so It is easier to build. Has anybody else tried this approach?

I built one, just used a standard 15 pin Parallel cable from a computer and chopped it in half and put the ends in a box with the circuit board and chips.

I'm not really sure what your question was, but if your talking about putting one end inside the box too, I don't see why not.

It's a great Idea, and when you build your own, you can do cool stuff, like take 2 button controllers into account and have 2 fire support.

There's something called Redemption on AA, but I never could find out which if any supported twin fire, and they were $50 anyways...

I was wondering if anybody else here has built a masterplay interface. I took about two days to build one, and what a difference it makes in pacman, etc.

I attempted the composite mod, but the board degenerated after a week. I tried to fit everything in the case, I think next time I will put a 25 pin plug in and solder the whole thing in an exterior case so It is easier to build. Has anybody else tried this approach?

Got pics of the guts? I would love to see how you made it. A schematic would be aces too!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I made my own modular multifunction adapter circuits for the 5200. Each plugs into the WICO splitter cable .. to allow for analog or digital or paddle control .. plus the 2600 keyboard for the 5200 also!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I have one of Rob's custom Masterplays with a built in keypad, and it's awesome! :D Rob does excellent work.

Cheers,

Ben

I have one of Rob's custom Masterplays with a built in keypad, and it's awesome! :D Rob does excellent work.

I have one of Rob's analog/digital converters for the Vectrex that works great with the Starplex button controller. So yes, he does do great work, and for multiple systems too!