IGNORED

Lynx Keyboard

thomasholzer

Hello!

taken from ASM magazine 1992 (German)

a joke?

Lynx 20MHz, keyboard attachment?

programmed an assembler tool?

Anyone of the German homebrewers perhaps?

I think that was either Lars Baumstark or Bastian Schick, perhaps both together. They developed the BLL-DevKit for the Lynx (HW and SW), and Bastian mentioned several times the keyboard in our email-exchanges over the years.

Kind regards

Matthias

The funny thing is that appears to be an Adam keyboard. :D

It is. Have a look. :P

What was the Adam like as a computer?

Oh I don't actually own one myself, so I can't speak on that. I've just browsed the Wikipedia pages about older computer systems from the C64 era to see what else I've missed out on (since I only own a C64 and VIC-20). I recognized the Adam keyboard because of the black keys up top and the strange layout of the arrow cursor keys.

I used to have an Adam, great machine.

Pugs into the Coleco, and the power comes from the also connected Printer. Huge shipping box too.

Anyway, that Daisy wheel Printer is as noisy as a machine gun going off, and slower than you type.

It had two modes, a typewriter mode, and a WP mode. I used my Adam quite a bit in the early 90s, as I liked the typewriter mode (although slow).

The Adam game tapes kept erasing themseves when kept near the printer, there even was a sticker: don't keep tapes near printer'. As the Computer/Coleco/printer was one unit, everything was near the printer, so the tapes kept erasing.

Keyboard was fun to use, the Coleco joystick was used as a numeric keypad as a clip-on.