IGNORED

Raiden for Atari Lynx: is this game a fake or a good bargain?

GuybrushThreepwood

I find this very strange.I ordered 2 games from him.According to ebay the location of the games was in Poland.The price was in $ and the shipping for 2 games was $5.00.I live in the UK so he did do international shipping.The interesting thing was that the package came from France???and the item location was Poland???Anyway I got the package in about 4 days.Maybe your seller is a different one.

I find it very odd he´s been able to maintain a perfect feedback then.

Carl and CPUWIZ have already stated that these look like and quite possibly are repros (no mention of this anywhere in the sellers description as far as I can see), he apparently doesn´t want to ship internationally although his list says "International bidders welcome", and now he´s taken the pictures of the cart down. (did he find this discussion on AA, I wonder?)

Doesn´t instill me with a lot of confidence either that the packages arrive from somewhere not stated in the description.

Ah, you said something different about my Bubble Trouble cart, which comes in a Telegames UK VCS style plastic box (not Lynx box, not jewel case). OK the game (BT) was delivered to me unboxed, but the instructions were made for the plastic style VCS box:

Also, different cartridge board to all other Lynx cartridge boards:

So really we cannot be sure.

Yes, we can be sure. But I'm not interested in an argument, so this will be my last post in this thread. I did neglect to say in my previous post that Telegames UK did produce some Lynx games without boxes - for example, I received numerous Hyperdrome carts from them in the past which were loose carts packaged in a plastic bag with folded instructions. However, to my knowledge Telegames (USA or UK) has not published any Lynx game in a VHS box, and they have not used the cartridge style shown in the referenced auction.

They have used the cart style you depicted for your Bubble Trouble. But that was a long time ago, and they're not using those any more. Also note how the EPROM is encased on yours, vs. the exposed EPROM in the auction. Just because two carts are on green circuit boards does not mean the circuit boards are the same.

Oh you are right about the VHS box, that is selfmade for sure