IGNORED

Magical Sound Shower RMT 8 Channel w/synth Instruments

Kjmann

here's me playing with how to use filters tell me what you think. is it better than the other one or worse?

leave your comments. =)

Sal (kjmann)

question: did you use the 15khz mode in this one?

and what type of generator did you use for the bass? A or C?

i.m.o. the overall sound is a little bit better, but less pitch-perfect than the previous version

here's me playing with how to use filters tell me what you think. is it better than the other one or worse?

leave your comments. =)

Sal (kjmann)

i.m.o. the overall sound is a little bit better, but less pitch-perfect than the previous version

no, i didn't use the 15khz mode. and i used the C generator for the bass

I haven't figured out the use for 15khz mode yet. except that it seems to make everything a lot lower in pitch. sound nasty when i use it.

Sal (kjmann)

leave your comments. =)

Sal (kjmann)

no, i didn't use the 15khz mode. and i used the C generator for the bass

I haven't figured out the use for 15khz mode yet. except that it seems to make everything a lot lower in pitch. sound nasty when i use it.

Sal (kjmann)

Well, the pitch of generator C (and RMT's generator E bass tables) is not always like it should be, that's why you can use 15khz mode to get better pitched bass notes with generator A. Because you also have a filter voice this should be less a problem

did you ever try the 16bit bass table. It's generator C with a 16bit table to extend your resolution. You have 8 voices, thus combining 2 of them into a clearpitched bass track is not a real problem. In RMT you must use 'generator 6' which is in fact Pokey-generator C with the 16bit table.

mux

Well, the pitch of generator C (and RMT's generator E bass tables) is not always like it should be, that's why you can use 15khz mode to get better pitched bass notes with generator A. Because you also have a filter voice this should be less a problem

did you ever try the 16bit bass table. It's generator C with a 16bit table to extend your resolution. You have 8 voices, thus combining 2 of them into a clearpitched bass track is not a real problem. In RMT you must use 'generator 6' which is in fact Pokey-generator C with the 16bit table.

mux

Well Here is a work in progress using the 16bit bass <generator 6> is this what you mean?

Sal <kjmann>

See New Post in this thread for download

Edited by kjmann

mux

Well Here is a work in progress using the 16bit bass <generator 6> is this what you mean?

Sal <kjmann>

some comments needed i.m.h.o.:

-on the bassdrum you should have less noise, it just sounds like a cardboard box that's kicked: maybe you use too low notes on it. maybe you can try somewhat higher notes and more downward portamento

-the filtered voices don't seem to be very stable. they sound a little crackly and slightly too low in pitch: maybe you can raise pitch by 1 point. After that you can remove the instability of the sound by putting back the filter frequency difference back to zero at the end of the envelope.

-the 16bit bass sounds clearer now :thumbsup:

mux

Sal <kjmann>

some comments needed i.m.h.o.:

-on the bassdrum you should have less noise, it just sounds like a cardboard box that's kicked: maybe you use too low notes on it. maybe you can try somewhat higher notes and more downward portamento

-the filtered voices don't seem to be very stable. they sound a little crackly and slightly too low in pitch: maybe you can raise pitch by 1 point. After that you can remove the instability of the sound by putting back the filter frequency difference back to zero at the end of the envelope.

-the 16bit bass sounds clearer now :thumbsup:

How About this? =)

See this link for all my musics in the future

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=102693&hl=

Edited by kjmann

How About this? =)

It seems, you have the right ear for the "over all" correct pitch.

So, why don't you give the hardsynth method a try?

If you have a look at my thread, I made examples of a possible conversion.

particular the popcorn tune, has sounds built in, that can easily be listen to, because pokey is not "yelling".

This "crying the balls of", destroyes the fun to listen at almost every tune.

"Hardsynth" makes it possible, to have "straight" sounds.