IGNORED

Popcorn! RMT Music.

Kjmann

That's pretty good.

Now all we need is to hack it into Pengo in place of the original shocking tune.

Did any pengo machines in the US play the popcorn music? I never played a pengo machine that had the popcorn music (or that draws the maze of ice blocks slowly). I can't play MAME with the popcorn music since it just seems wrong.

Did any pengo machines in the US play the popcorn music? I never played a pengo machine that had the popcorn music (or that draws the maze of ice blocks slowly). I can't play MAME with the popcorn music since it just seems wrong.

Funny since my experience of the game is exactly opposite. :) I got my first taste of the "non-popcorn" music when I saw the game being played on Starcade and immediately noticed it was different (also the no-ice clearing at the beginning of the stage). And of course, later on when I got the cartridge for my Atari 5200 cart it obviously had the non-popcorn music. I do think that'd be a great hack to make an 8-bit/5200 version of Pengo with the Popcorn music in there. Hey, why not :)

Oh, and one other big difference between the 2 Pengos is the agressiveness of the snowbees. In the Popcorn version they're far more passive I believe.