IGNORED

worth a list?

lmnopq

hi all,

i've got some xl cartridges and want to know how much they go for. are there any rare xl carts?

i was going to put all six up as i need a little cash. not much. what would a starting price be they are good condition but no boxes:

droids,

star raiders,

defender,

astroids,

qix,

miner 2049er.

also i have an atari xl 800 with a tape deck and ram pack. is it worth listing? thanks.

I don't recall that I've ever played droids, but the rest are rather common.

Ram pack? This is probably to upgrade a 600XL, or 400, possibly 800 -- but

not for the 800XL.

The tape be it either 410 or 1010 isn't really worth much.

You might get around $30 for the 800XL, but it's worth just keeping.

You might get around $10 for each cart, but I've seen a couple of yours

go for $5.

You're better off hangin on to all of it unless you just want rid of it, and want a

couple bucks just the same....

go for $5.

Highly doubtful for the Atari carts You can see this guy could not sell a few carts similar to yours at the above price. Droids and 2049er might get bid up. Those are probably the only 2 worth listing seperately.

If you are just looking to get rid of everything, list the other carts and 1010 with the 800xl in one listing. That would probably get you the most money for those items without paying additional and unneccesary fees.

I can not say what the ram module is without seeing what it is. Could be worthless(just list it with the 800xl) or could be worth listing seperately. Start all listing at 99 cents and let the market take care of the price. If you start at higher prices less people will keep an eye on it and you might just get 1 bid at your start price. I have been seeing price going up to $50 for the computer with accesories in the past month. 800xl usually sell for $10-40 depending on what is included. Prices assume the power supplies and tv connections are included. If anything is missing, you would expect to subtract a few bucks. Make sure to include good pictures. The ones getting $50 had lots of very clear pictures of what is being sold. Also make sure shipping prices are clear too. I have skipped auctions that do not include this information up front. Also if you have manuals or boxes, make sure to point that out and clear pictures.

Here is an example You can see the 800xl and 1050 sell for $63 + 13 shipping because it was started low. The guy that started the 800xl +1050 carts and Wico sticks did not sell for $50 + $25 shipping because he started it too high and shipping is a bit high too. You can see some 800xl sell for as low as 5.99. Pay particular attention to length of the listing and Start/End times. That is probably what will be the most important factor in the sell price.

Good luck with the sell.

BTW, make sure to put it in the right category. Computers & Networking > Vintage Computing Products > Atari would be the one I put it in.

Edited by Almost Rice

go for $5.

Highly doubtful for the Atari carts You can see this guy could not sell a few carts similar to yours at the above price. Droids and 2049er might get bid up. Those are probably the only 2 worth listing seperately.

If you are just looking to get rid of everything, list the other carts and 1010 with the 800xl in one listing. That would probably get you the most money for those items without paying additional and unneccesary fees.

I can not say what the ram module is without seeing what it is. Could be worthless(just list it with the 800xl) or could be worth listing seperately. Start all listing at 99 cents and let the market take care of the price. If you start at higher prices less people will keep an eye on it and you might just get 1 bid at your start price. I have been seeing price going up to $50 for the computer with accesories in the past month. 800xl usually sell for $10-40 depending on what is included. Prices assume the power supplies and tv connections are included. If anything is missing, you would expect to subtract a few bucks. Make sure to include good pictures. The ones getting $50 had lots of very clear pictures of what is being sold. Also make sure shipping prices are clear too. I have skipped auctions that do not include this information up front. Also if you have manuals or boxes, make sure to point that out and clear pictures.

Here is an example You can see the 800xl and 1050 sell for $63 + 13 shipping because it was started low. The guy that started the 800xl +1050 carts and Wico sticks did not sell for $50 + $25 shipping because he started it too high and shipping is a bit high too. You can see some 800xl sell for as low as 5.99. Pay particular attention to length of the listing and Start/End times. That is probably what will be the most important factor in the sell price.

Good luck with the sell.

BTW, make sure to put it in the right category. Computers & Networking > Vintage Computing Products > Atari would be the one I put it in.

Almost Rice - What a great strategy guide for selling atari stuff in the current market. Unboxed software really seems like it has wildly fluctuating value, and even boxed software seems to have a range of about $20.00 depending on what's going on ebay. I would add to your advice ... make sure no one is selling the same thing when you list your titles / hardware, because that can drive value down too.

For some of the more obscure, but rare, boxed software I list, I use a 10 day auction, just to make sure all interested parties have time to find it.

I have to admit, I've considered some of my purchases investments, but anything you get on ebay in terms of vintage computing products (I also collect Apple ][ ) is a long term investment at best. Has anyone collected data about the price of Ultima III or Blue Max (or whatever sort of 'rarish' software titles?) five years ago compared to the price today? I know there are a couple people who bid 1.00 on many of my auctions as if they are just trying to track final cost on ebay. Anyway, none of this stuff is losing value, really, it's only getting more rare as the years go on (except until they find that long lost distribution warehouse in Venezula with tens of thousands of shrink wrapped titles just sitting around .... )

Cheers, -JD

hi,

thanks guys some usefull stuff. i usually leave stuff on for 10 days. and have had some great sells. usually in the amiga market... hey, i will collect anything! everything i ever bought (amiga hardware.) has made it's money back. i do not like to lose out so i tend to put my costs in the postage, but i don't expect huge amounts just hope their is a bidding war. some people don't like that but they are upfront costs.

http://www.thepcmuseum.com/atari/Atari1064/default.htm

i don't use it much. and have not come up with any atari 8 bit kit since i bought it 15 years ago at a car boot sale... i will keep my eyes open on the stuff that comes up on ebay.

oh and yes. i realised i had the wrong part of the forum a little later. thanks all! ;)

The 1064 is not worth too much except to 600xl users. There are not many of those. Also it can still be had new from Best Electronics. Adding it to the 800xl lot would be useless because it does not work with the 800xl. Listing it separately might be hit or miss. I will PM you an offer for it though.

ok. what about a vcs 2600 woody? i've got one and it has loads of games. but i need to know how much woody would be on his own. and perhaps what anyone recommends as far as selling 30 or so games. seperately or all together with woody. i guess it depends on the game rarity...i have about 5 carts in the number 4 catagory rarity guide. nothing major though...