IGNORED

Late new year's resolution

Atarifever

So, I've decided in February what my new year's resolution is. I'm going to take one full year to focus all of my console buying on the 7800 and the 7800 alone. There's too much stuff I need for this console that isn't going to be around forever. On my "needed" list is:

JAMMA joystick from the Goat store

Joypad controllers

XG-1

Combat 1990

Save Mary

Klax (I guess)

Beef Drop (if it's ever available again)

Q-Bert (as soon as it comes out)

80% of the library

Given how much I like the system, that's way too much stuff not to have. Thus, from February 24th 2007 until February 24th 2008, I am swearing off purchases for other consoles and living on the 7800 alone.

I could be the next Cousin Vinnie.

Hey, that's the same with me right now. I told myself that I would focus on collecting for the 7800 this year and so far I'm doing pretty well. I used to have about 24 games last year and now it's ballooned to 37. The rarest games I've gotten so far this year are Ikari Warriors, Ninja Golf, and Double Dragon (thanks to mcgrail007 for this one).

I thought of making it a goal to finish my own 7800 collection this year, but I'm not sure. I'll definitely add to it, though. Activision, Froggo, and about half of Absolute (got three games left, plus the 2600 mislabel of Tomcat), and about a third of Atari to go.

The funny thing is that it seems the R4 and R5 titles are the absolute hardest ones to get. You don't wanna pay a ton of money for them, but at the same time, they aren't sitting in every store's "Atari bin".

I'll probably build some carts, too, but the ones that were produced during the 7800's run will be ones that I want original copies of.

Technically my Pac-Man Collection! cart is homemade. I imagine that Albert built all of those at his own home, so that makes it homemade!

The funny thing is that it seems the R4 and R5 titles are the absolute hardest ones to get. You don't wanna pay a ton of money for them, but at the same time, they aren't sitting in every store's "Atari bin".

I actually haven't seen them go for a whole lot lately; I saw sealed copies of Midnight Mutants and Scrapyard Dog go for $8-$12. Even Mean 18 isn't going for much these days, especially since it's a 7.

So, I've decided in February what my new year's resolution is. I'm going to take one full year to focus all of my console buying on the 7800 and the 7800 alone. There's too much stuff I need for this console that isn't going to be around forever. On my "needed" list is:

JAMMA joystick from the Goat store

Joypad controllers

XG-1

Combat 1990

Save Mary

Klax (I guess)

Beef Drop (if it's ever available again)

Q-Bert (as soon as it comes out)

80% of the library

Given how much I like the system, that's way too much stuff not to have. Thus, from February 24th 2007 until February 24th 2008, I am swearing off purchases for other consoles and living on the 7800 alone.

I could be the next Cousin Vinnie.

Wise choice. I had to focus on 7800 only to make my collection fully boxed and complete. It was the only way

I actually haven't seen them go for a whole lot lately; I saw sealed copies of Midnight Mutants and Scrapyard Dog go for $8-$12. Even Mean 18 isn't going for much these days, especially since it's a 7.

Mean 18 is more like an R8 but no one seems to pick up on this cause of all the hype on the 3rd party rares for the 7800.

EDIT: I'd buy a case of MM at 8 to 12 dollars each :ponder:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Mean 18 is more like an R8 but no one seems to pick up on this cause of all the hype on the 3rd party rares for the 7800.

Exactly, I remember when Water Ski and even Tank Command were somewhat plentiful and didn't usually go for much, and now you'd be real lucky to find Water Ski, let alone Tank Command.