IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Berenstain Bears Camping Adventure

RSS Bot

I had doubts about this game. Could I enjoy a game meant for kids? Well, I popped it in my Game Gear and played it. And not only did I play it, I'm ashamed to say I enjoyed it. It plays like Super Mario Bros. in that you stomp on the enemies and in some levels there's a trampoline. Other than that, it's kind of like Tiny Toon Adventures for the NES. There are two major flaws in the game, though: #1: Most people would find this game easy, and #2: Even I thought it was short. The game only has 5 levels in 4 worlds. And there are no bosses. Not even a final boss. And I got all the way through it without losing a life (I almost lost one in the final stage, I was down to 1 heart, the health system being like Super Mario Bros. 2). And what's with Game Gear platform games and porcupines, anyway? There's a porcupine in this one, too. Is there a long list of Game Gear games with porcupines in them or something? Well, anyway, aside from it being short and easy, the graphics are nice, and the play control is good. Game design (or what there is of a game) is good. It is a little hard-to-find, though, but well worth the searching. A-.

next up is either Woody Pop or NBA Jam. BTW, if you're getting tired of nothing but Game Gear reviews, just tell me and I can stop at any time. :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2931