IGNORED

Planet Bob - I'm the greatest Pirate who ever lived!

RSS Bot

Hi there!

Pirates! Mania got me all over again, now that we already celebrate the 20th anniversary of this briliiant, brilliant game!

I already played the hell out of C64 version right when it was released. I remember that I was immediately hooked to this game, playing it for weeks non-stop. A few years later, with the release of the Amiga version, I got into it all over again, adding a couple more months of my life spent in the carribean.

In fact, I can't think of a geograhical spot on this planet I'm more familiar with than the carribean seas :lol:

Now, in my recent vacation I started checking out some other versions of Pirates! that I missed in the past. First I played halfway through the NES version, which is very close to the C64 one. It was good fun, but after checking out the Pirates! Gold for the Genesis, I just couldn't go back to it.

The Genesis version is soooo brilliant. Well, once again I couldn't stop playing it until I not only reached the highest rank:

pirates1.gif

But also completed all 10 Pirate Quests:

pirates2.gif

And look what a lovely beauty I married:

pirates3.gif

Well, that's it for classic Pirates! pleasures. Right now I'm playing the current 2005 Windows version - and am hooked all over again. I may write a couple of entries regarding it, detailing the differences to the previous games. I also started talking my brother into buying the PSP version that was released these days :)

Greetings,

Manuel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2951