IGNORED

Wizard of Wor for the 5200.The same as the 2600 version?

jboypacman

I have always loved Wizard of Wor for the 2600.As a kid i would go down the street to play it at my friend Jimmy's house.Now fastfoward to now and i still love this game for the 2600.I havent played the 5200 version of this game and i was thinking about picking it up at some point.So i was wondering if the 5200 version is the same as the 2600? If this is the case then i wont really worry about ever getting it.Any feedback on this would be great thanks.

Funny - the 2600 is very well done IMHO. The 800 version is alot of fun also and less 'flashy' :) - It has more of the mazes like the original.

My biggest griped on the 5200/00 version is the blue dragons look like crap........otherwise it looks/sounds like the original :)

However, if you want the best version of Wizard of Wor, then the Bally Astrocade beats them all! :D

Just want to add my 2 cents and agree with remowilliams here. Among the home versions, the Bally Astrocade is the very best--it's simply wonderful, mind-blowing. You know how great the 5200, 8-bit, and even 2600 versions are, but the Bally Astrocade version is tops, so that's saying something.

I am one of the few, apparently, that prefers the 2600 W.O.W. in every way to the 5200 version. This does not mean I prefer all 2600 games to 5200 counterparts. Q*bert is vile on the 2600. 5200 controllers are perfectly suited to this game, and make the diagonal movements a breeze.

That was the C64 version? It looks pretty much better than the 5200 does. The enemies on the 5200 version are much blockier/low rez looking. but still a fun game. The sound is pretty good on the 5200 version.

C64 version has higher rez sprites which make the Blue Dragons look great - the Red/Yellow Dragons, Worlock, WIzard of Wor and the Player sprites on the 8bit look pretty good. Its the blue dragons on the 8bit which make things look bad :(

I think the 8bit version does a better job at the insane speed than the C64.

• 4 months later...