Songbird release (former unreleased game), but not a homebrew:

Championship Rally

Cybervirus

Loopz

Hyperdrome

CM2: Buried Treasure

Ultravore

Remnant

Is this correct, and are there any more (not protos)?

Edited by thomasholzer

I think the Songbird Projects page pretty clearly shows which games I have published. There are quite a few on your list which I did not publish.

I know the term "homebrew" has been around for a decade now referring to games made by hobbyists, versus "lost" games which were made "professionally." To me, that line has blurred quite a bit... there are very few Lynx games that I simply published as-is (Lexis is one example, Loopz was almost as-is but I did make a few minor alterations). Contrast that to a game like CyberVirus, where I did considerable work improving the engine, designing all-new missions, etc. Is that a homebrew or a professional game?

Championship Rally is a completely hobbyist-made game, but it's better than a third of the professionally published Lynx games out there. So where does it stand?

Yes, I wrote Remnant myself. That was a game I always intended to expand with a sequel with more enemies, damage to specific ship systems ala Star Raiders, etc., but sadly it's way down on my list of projects these days. Still, I'm quite satisfied with the existing game: a no-frills shooter with some nice psuedo-3D effects.

thanks to all answers

homebrews:

SFX

Ponx

Othello

Simis

T-Tris

Sokomania

Pokermania

Alpine Games

Alpine Games Bonus cart

Championship Rally

Remnant

other:

Loopz

Hyperdrome

CM2: Buried Treasure

Ultravore

Lexis

Cybervirus

It's debatable, is Songbird the same as B. Schick? Or is Songbird more a professional company.

I'd say there is a difference.

Edited by thomasholzer

Contrast that to a game like CyberVirus, where I did considerable work improving the engine, designing all-new missions, etc. Is that a homebrew or a professional game?

I've been calling these games "recovered." Ones that were started by a developer and then picked up and finished/published by someone else.

Anymore I've been calling the games that are released for sale "microbrews". While demos & game roms that are hand made or have not been sold on cart are "homebrews". With homebrews ("microbrews") so easy to purchase now a days due to the web and sites like this one the term homebrew has kind of lost it's meaning a bit and that helps differenciate it for me.

I don't think this applies to what you were trying to figure out but it helps me.