IGNORED

Atari 5100 Prototypes

AtariMan1976

I would kill for a smaller 5200...the damn thing takes up WAYYYYY too much space. I'd love to unhook it, but I play it too much.

I'd also like a smaller version of the CV. What was it with controller storage compartments?

The Coleco is not *too* hard to cut down to look decent. Only real tricky part is to make sure when you cut the trim to make sure you do a good job or it will look like shit. Aside from that hack away and it gets ALOT smaller real fast.

I would kill for a smaller 5200...the damn thing takes up WAYYYYY too much space. I'd love to unhook it, but I play it too much.

I'd also like a smaller version of the CV. What was it with controller storage compartments?

The Coleco is not *too* hard to cut down to look decent. Only real tricky part is to make sure when you cut the trim to make sure you do a good job or it will look like shit. Aside from that hack away and it gets ALOT smaller real fast.

Why would anyone want to do that? I really don't understand what's the big deal considering these old system's spacial dimensions. It's not like they're the size of the Univac or something. :grin:

1107a.jpg

The appearances of these systems are half the fun. Why would you want a vintage console to look "modern"?

It would be like wanting this:

cad59ad.jpg

To look this this:

large11.jpg

It's an atrocity in my opinion. :(