IGNORED

mame snapshot question

CARTRIDGE STEALER

dam! I thought it would be simpler than that. :(

As NE posted, it's easy enough if you want to go with downloaded archives.

NOTE: Snapshots of "Parent" romsets are given special treatment. If you have a snapshot of one and point to one of it's subset games, the parent romset's picture will be shown if you don't already have a pic of the subset game.

Snaps for all games v.56 and below:

http://www.titlesnaps.connectfree.co.uk/

That's a good starter if you don't have access to BitTorrent or such. The easiest solution would be just to contact a Mame burner to send you a full set of DVD's (you'll get everything...romsets, snaps, icons, the works)...for the price of blank media + postage. Some of them offer stuff that's not Mame-related as well (i.e. classic computer/console romsets).

http://www.lazarus.org.uk/index.php?burners

dam! I thought it would be simpler than that. :(

As NE posted, it's easy enough if you want to go with downloaded archives.

NOTE: Snapshots of "Parent" romsets are given special treatment. If you have a snapshot of one and point to one of it's subset games, the parent romset's picture will be shown if you don't already have a pic of the subset game.

Snaps for all games v.56 and below:

http://www.titlesnaps.connectfree.co.uk/

That's a good starter if you don't have access to BitTorrent or such. The easiest solution would be just to contact a Mame burner to send you a full set of DVD's (you'll get everything...romsets, snaps, icons, the works)...for the price of blank media + postage. Some of them offer stuff that's not Mame-related as well (i.e. classic computer/console romsets).

http://www.lazarus.org.uk/index.php?burners

ok, i downloaded them and placed them in the proper folder. do i unzip them?

I'm a bit out of touch with Mame (I'm currently running v.62), but AFAIK it supports zip files in any folder so long as the name of the archive matches the folder name. Dunno if the current version supports multiple zip files. The old way (if you had multiple files) was to unzip, then zip everything in 1 zipfile with the name snap.zip using no saved paths...then place the single zipfile into the Snap subfolder.

• 8 years later...

I have a question relating to MAME32 snapshots. I am using version 0.108 on a Windows 7 computer. I installed the MAME32 files from another computer and not directly from an .exe application. The emulator works fine except that when I press F12 to take the snapshot it goes somewhere where I cannot find it. I know the snapshot file exists because it appears on my MAME interface. If it does not appear in the Snap folder, where else would it go? Someone please help me; the search feature on Windows cannot find it for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I did not make it clear that I want to find the PNG file on my computer. The reason I made the screen capture was for editing it on Windows Paint. I do already have a folder filled with snapshots which I acquired in the past when I was using XP. Now on my new Win 7 system the new snapshots which I made recently are hiding somewhere and I want to access them.