IGNORED

7800 HSC Week 19: Mario Bros.

shadow460

89,340 this morning

No tips and tricks posted so I'll add some.

You get 800 points for finishing off an enemy on its back

But if you manage to get a couple of enemies on their backs right next to each other and kick them off the ledge in rapid succession, the score is multiplied so you get 800 for the first, 1600 for the second, 2400 for the third etc.

It's not easy to line them all up like that but it's a nice way to rack up some bonus points

Also, don't forget you can destroy fireballs the same as any other enemy if you manage to headbutt them from underneath

And finally, don't let the coins escape or you're throwing away 800 free points.

Edited by godzillajoe

A few more tips and tricks

The POW button is restored at level 8, 13 and then every 5th level after that so use it up if you know you're getting it back.

POW not only flips all enemies on the platforms, it destroys all fireballs as well

There are "safe spots" at the edge of the screen where the bottom pipes are so use those areas for a bit of a break if things get crazy

If you flip an enemy at the edge of platform just right, it will fall down to the lower platform where you are for an easy kick. This is a good technique for using the multiplier I previously mentioned

When things get too slippery, stay on the bottom on the brick floor, it can't be frozen

I also find it funny that if you look at the manual, the enemies don't look at all like that in the real game

Edited by godzillajoe

I'm really enjoying this game. Also, it's a pleasure to join the Forum. Seems like there's not too much activity on this High Score - 7800 forum. I hope it picks up! I enjoy discussing game strategy/ playing games. Collection/buying discussions bore me.

I like this game because there is so much to watch out for. Your brain stays very busy!

Best score so far: 70,940

post-12654-1174191701_thumb.jpg

Edited by GamerInThailand