IGNORED

rampart

phuzaxeman

I just got that game about a month ago, so I am new. What I uses is to just try to keep the castle fixed at any time! this might be hard. I have completed 3 stages, but I allways looses in the 4rd stage.

Edited by per

Rampart is a great game! And I beat it half of the times I play it nowadays :P

My high score is 98 243. I think you usually ends up with a highscore between 70 000-85 000 or maybe 90 000 when you complete the game. This of course depends on how you play and especially if you use continue and use up a lot of your lives. Obvioulsy you will collect more points when you play the same stages more then once!

I've come close to beating it. I probably could if I sat down with it for another hour or so. Anyway, I wrote up a guide a while back...

http://www.ataritimes.com/article.php?showarticle=274

Thats a nice guide. With some good tips.

In short, this is the strategi I use on the last level, on the island:

1: First chose the LEFT castle.

2: Try to surround it with cannons so it cannot be destroyed.

3: Then leave it. This castle will now only serve as a magnet for the invading infantry.

4: Chose the RIGHT castle. But do not build more then one cannon around it. Place the lone cannon southwest of the castle.

5: Build also an extra cannon in the free space in the middle/south of the island. Two cannons is the best way to go.

6: In the firing phase: Think different! And concentrate your fire on your own ramparts. The biggest threat is the fires started by the red fire-ships. By destroying most of the ramparts around your right castle you will eliminate this threat. Yes, also fight infantry and fire-ships of course. But your biggest enemy is always the fires and the lack of space. So in the building phase, build just a little structure around your castle and your lone cannon. Rebuild as little as possible and destroy it as fast as posible, thats the key!

7: Build also "dummy” structures and place ramparts where ever there is free space on the island, but not near the right castle.

8: Do NOT sink any ships (just red ships – always destroy the reds) or kill any infantery on the left side of the island. If you succeeded in surround the left castle with cannons the enemy will just hang around that undestroyable castle and you can concentrate all your efforts on the other half of the island. Then victory wont be far away. :jango: