IGNORED

Got a complete 5200 today.

codyr783

5200 is my favorite classic console out of all I own, and i own alot.

I highly recommend that you get Realsports Baseball. This game is absolutely, without a doubt, the greatest baseball game in it's time, it is extremely fun and still to this day amazes me how complex it is for a 5200 game.

Hello everyone, I'm new here but I've got a 5200 on the way myself. I already had a few games laying around but wanted to ask if anyone has bought cartridges from Atari2600.com. If so, what kind of shape are they in? I want to get Popeye, Choplifter and Jungle Hunt but I don't want any ripped labels.

Also, the controller rebuild from Best Electronics looks like a good buy. Has anyone had any experience with this upgrade in their CX52 controllers?

Sorry for all the questions...I was just curious!

Hello everyone, I'm new here but I've got a 5200 on the way myself. I already had a few games laying around but wanted to ask if anyone has bought cartridges from Atari2600.com. If so, what kind of shape are they in? I want to get Popeye, Choplifter and Jungle Hunt but I don't want any ripped labels.

Also, the controller rebuild from Best Electronics looks like a good buy. Has anyone had any experience with this upgrade in their CX52 controllers?

The cartridges are in pretty good shape but every now and then you could get a ripped one.

Congratulations and welcome!

I just rebuilt mine with Best's parts. This is how I did it and others may disagree:

Don't try to hurry and do use a small piece of double sided sticky tape to secure the part of the flex circuit under the start and reset buttons, only after you are sure that the stick is in the correct position upon closing up the thing. You must remove the bezel to do this. I found that if I didn't have this secured and tightly pulled away from the left fire buttons, they were more squishy than normal because the circuit flap did not lay down tightly under the fire button. That was the only tricky part I found when replacing the circuit. Everything else is self explanatory, even for I spazz like me.

"The cartridges are in pretty good shape but every now and then you could get a ripped one."

Ahh...thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll get mine off eBay, that way I can atleast see what I'm getting.

Lowscore, I think I'll order my rebuild as soon as the system comes in. It's only coming with one controller so I won't have a backup. Hopefully these rebuilds are as good as Best says they are and I won't have to worry about it breaking on me. They seem to have great Atari service.

Thanks for the help!

Why does everyone think the joysticks don't work?They work fine.

:-o

5200 sticks pretty much NEVER work when you get them.

You could add a nice 1/2 centimeter layer of 24k gold to the joysticks. :D That could allow your controllers to be more durable and allow you to pimp yo' joystick! :cool:

Hmmm, I DO have a controller or two that are pretty much junk...

"The cartridges are in pretty good shape but every now and then you could get a ripped one."

Ahh...thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll get mine off eBay, that way I can atleast see what I'm getting.

Lowscore, I think I'll order my rebuild as soon as the system comes in. It's only coming with one controller so I won't have a backup. Hopefully these rebuilds are as good as Best says they are and I won't have to worry about it breaking on me. They seem to have great Atari service.

Thanks for the help!

I have two of the Best Electronic controllers, they work great. I have had them for two years now.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazingly a 4 port!

Great find then. I have the 2-Port version, but the 4-Port is a rare find.

I hope the original poster really enjoys his 5200. I got a 5200 for Christmas back in "the day", so I have a fondness for the Super System. I agree with the Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob recommendations. Space Dungeon is another really fun, fast, (and frustrating) game to seek out.

If anyone else is looking for a 5200 4-port in excellent shape complete with a great condition box, I have one up for auction on Ebay. There's no reserve and bidding is currently at $0.01 with two days to go.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

You can view all my auctions here: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlintwarp

I hope the original poster really enjoys his 5200. I got a 5200 for Christmas back in "the day", so I have a fondness for the Super System. I agree with the Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob recommendations. Space Dungeon is another really fun, fast, (and frustrating) game to seek out.

If anyone else is looking for a 5200 4-port in excellent shape complete with a great condition box, I have one up for auction on Ebay. There's no reserve and bidding is currently at $0.01 with two days to go.

I am currently watching this on eBay.

Edited by HP Atari King of Michigan

I am currently watching this on eBay.

With a little over a day to go, that 5200 is still only at $0.01. It's a really nice, collector-quality 5200. I thought it would have more bids by now. I have to admit I'm a novice seller when it comes to Ebay so maybe it has something to do with me or the way I listed it. Maybe it also has do with shipping costs? A boxed 5200 system is large and heavy to begin with, then I had to find/alter an even bigger box for shipping purposes because I don't want the 5200 box to get damaged in shipping. I measured the final dimensions and weighed it on a home (human) scale to find out the approximate weight. The actual shipping costs should be very close to what is calculated on the auction listing, and I'm not adding any hidden handling or materials costs. I don't know...I guess we'll see what happens when the auction ultimately ends, but right now it appears someone might get a great deal on very nice system.

^^ Bigger is better! :D

LOL! Yeah, that must be what the 5200 engineers were thinking way back when..."the bigger we make this new 5200, the better it will be!" "We shall release the largest system of all time!!!!."

It really does make you wonder why the 5200 is so large. I bet it could have easily been 1/2 to 1/3 the size of what was released.

Edited by lintwarp

LOL! Yeah, that must be what the 5200 engineers were thinking way back when..."the bigger we make this new 5200, the better it will be!" "We shall release the largest system of all time!!!!."

It really does make you wonder why the 5200 is so large. I bet it could have easily been 1/2 to 1/3 the size of what was released.

Hence the unreleased redesigned 5100 (aka 5200jr.).

Hence the unreleased redesigned 5100 (aka 5200jr.).

Thats awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

I got a great deal on E Bay.I wanted a second console and someone was selling a 5200 he had stored in his attic. I was the only bidder and I paid $22 including postage. The console, adapter and both joysticks work just fine. Its a 2 port but I already have a 4 port that I purchased back in 1982.

Edited by ymike673