IGNORED

Rare Pinkie 5200

82atari5200

Is that the original plastic film covering the metal part? If it is, that is still pretty cool to be original like that.

If not, this is just bizarre.

C

Yup, it's just the protective film. It's uncommon to find one with it still on but not that rare. I think sometimes people didn't know to remove it. It's nice when you find one that way because the metal is nice and bright and scratch free.

Allan

Bull. I've got controllers with pink overlays on them, and I've got an old Atari with a clear plastic strip over the metal.

See my post about a seller wanting us to think he's got gold. It's not rare, and I'm about to bust his bubble with my own Atari.

My 5200 still has the pink shit on the metal too. I know it's "supposed" to be pulled off, but I left it on, eh, what's it hurting?

It's going to be considerably more rare than the uncovered silver band, but it's not impossible to find or antyhing.

Hmm, I was wondering why my 5200 was pink. I'm glad you guys cleared that up. I thought it was a sticker that got put on later. That's just about the opposite of what it actually is. I guess it doesn't matter what the guy says when his auction's only going for about 10 dollars.

My 5200 still has the pink shit on the metal too. I know it's "supposed" to be pulled off, but I left it on, eh, what's it hurting?

Metal will oxidize and stain from the glue and it won't come off. I suggest removing it ASAP.

I'd also remove it, I've had systems like this with the pink film still on them and it was basically BAKED on and very difficult to remove. Probably depends on how the system was stored--new in the box the pink film might still be in pristine shape and easy to remove.

..Al

I had no clue about this system and was only going on what I was told. This person has manipulated my message and I didn't say what he put. He has harassed me over my mistake. He linked this atari site to his email to me in order to publically humiliate me. It's especially damaging because I'm a video game programmer and my credibility is threatened. My 6 year old opened up email with him casting dispersions and last night it really upset my family. This guy is trying to take his hatred of me to a new level!!! And it's all over a piece of misinformation.

I had no clue about this system and was only going on what I was told. This person has manipulated my message and I didn't say what he put. He has harassed me over my mistake. He linked this atari site to his email to me in order to publically humiliate me. It's especially damaging because I'm a video game programmer and my credibility is threatened. My 6 year old opened up email with him casting dispersions and last night it really upset my family. This guy is trying to take his hatred of me to a new level!!! And it's all over a piece of misinformation.

Nothing I said to you was not factual or family friendly reading. I manipulated nothing. I can post exact copies of all corisponadance if you like to show there was no ill intent at any time.

The real silly thing is your even a member here at AtariAge and would have clearly seen your auction being discussed yet choose to still sell under false pretense even when your misinformation had been clearly discussed and clearified for you to openly see and correct. And even though all of what I said in the mail to you was family friendly, what in God's name is a 6 year old doing on ebay? :ponder:

1. I was going by what I was told.

2. I have a friend who sells these things and still having the pink film on IS rare!

3. If you really believe having a rare pink film on a game system is fraud, why can't you just report me instead of the emails and postings etc?

4. Nothing is illegal about this!

5. Against my better judgement, I ate the cost and relisted it NOT mentioning the offending pink film, JUST to make you happy!

I mean... who knows, if you are into game machines this much, we may know each other in real life if you are a programmer and I don't want any bad blood.

Now that I've changed the description, you can sleep well-rested.

I think this was blown a bit out of proportion. Certainly it is not common to see 5200 systems with the pink protective plastic. I can see someone not being familiar with the system not realizing that this was just a protective coating. I don't think the seller was being intentionally misleading, and simply fixing the title and description would have been enough. I see in the relisting that there's no mention of the pink plastic at all. I certainly would mention it. :)

Also, this looks an awful lot like keyword spamming:

"NOTE: There is no such thing as a Nintendo 2600"

..Al

I think this was blown a bit out of proportion. Certainly it is not common to see 5200 systems with the pink protective plastic. I can see someone not being familiar with the system not realizing that this was just a protective coating. I don't think the seller was being intentionally misleading, and simply fixing the title and description would have been enough. I see in the relisting that there's no mention of the pink plastic at all. I certainly would mention it. :)

Also, this looks an awful lot like keyword spamming:

"NOTE: There is no such thing as a Nintendo 2600"

..Al

No Albert thats my ebay ID and he is trying to make a piss poor pot shot at me. :roll:

I got a reply from this seller, and he wasn't rude or anything at all. He did seem concerned about the controllers. I thought of buying just for the parts in those controllers, but I've got my ebay sights on something worth a whole lot more than a 5200.

There's still a possibility I could have repaired at least one of the controllers, though.

Edited by shadow460

Metal will oxidize and stain from the glue and it won't come off. I suggest removing it ASAP.

Yeah, of course collectors will want everybody else to take it off :P I've never had problems with anything oxidizing or anything (computers, cd players, controllers, etc) but it might be where i live too.

The real silly thing is your even a member here at AtariAge and would have clearly seen your auction being discussed yet choose to still sell under false pretense even when your misinformation had been clearly discussed and clearified for you to openly see and correct. And even though all of what I said in the mail to you was family friendly, what in God's name is a 6 year old doing on ebay? :ponder:

Well, he's only posted 4 times (twice in here) so it's pretty clear he doesn't frequent the forums that much or anything. Heck, he may have even forgotten he had been to this place or that it existed.

Still, relisting was a bit of over kill. I never looked at the original listing, but I doubt there was any harm in it either.

This guy is a real quack. He's going all ape shit on me now cause I told him to change the acution description cause it was false advertisment or I would report it for being misleading.

Ok, i really don't get this!!! Your giving the poor seller such a headache just because he is advertising the system as rare cause it still has the pink protective coating on the metal? I agree that this is making way too big a deal out of things :!:

Edited by Atarimania75

I have been guilty of bringing bits of drama to this site but i am trying to learn from some error in my ways and hope that soon we can stop all this grilling of people and start having fun again on this site. Seems lately things have really been taking a turn for the worst and we forgot the actual fun of the Atari! Just my view!

Shawn