IGNORED

Rare Pinkie 5200

82atari5200

Well I only have one negative feedback and it was because the guy tried to rip me off by demanding I send him the item before I recieve the money.

I put "NOTE: There is no such thing as a Nintendo 2600" just kinda teasing the person threatening fraud because his login/handle is 'nintendo2600'. I thought it was kinda funny that somone nit-picky would call himself/herself that being that it WAY more wrong than an item being called rare when it isn't.

Although this guy is CLEARLY wrong in many different ways, I still changed my description because I have no ill feelings toward anyone and if it makes him happy, it's worth the $1.10 to relist it. I thought it was a nice gesture by my doing this. By the way, anyone know what the "y-cable" is for? Just to connect 2600 type controller to the 5200?

this guy is CLEARLY wrong in many different ways!

Now look.... I have no idea the whole story of all the messages were sent back and forth. Shawn really happens to be a friend of mine, yes perhaps he may have a bit overreacted to your mistake in your listing but i think the note in your relisted auction is a little shitty and i think if you were a good seller you would quickly remove a childish thing like that. Its an ebay username for pete's sake he is not stating that there is a nintendo2600 but what he is interested in collecting...i don't see a problem with that. He is not fully wrong in that all of the 5200s had these things where u stated that only a few were known to be sold. So can we please stop bashing one another here now? Your post was listed wrong .....although an Atari collector should realize quickly that maybe having the covering still on the console is a bit rare but not rare sold in that condition back in the day.

I never claimed to be a good seller. My grandmother passed away and we are clearing out the house. There is a bunch of stuff I'm looking to get rid of. I'm not a business. NOTE: No such thing as... is just to lighten the mood and it is VERY far from a personal attack or anything but I can see that no matter what I say, it will be taken as either fraud, slander or purjury. :-P Anyway, it would be nice if this whole thing took a more friendly turn.

A friend of yours? Why not a friend of mine? I used to be a viable member of Atari society and would like to get back into it. I know very little to nothing about the 5200 though. I mainly developed on the Jaguar, Falcon & 800.

I never claimed to be a good seller. My grandmother passed away and we are clearing out the house. There is a bunch of stuff I'm looking to get rid of. I'm not a business. NOTE: No such thing as... is just to lighten the mood and it is VERY far from a personal attack or anything but I can see that no matter what I say, it will be taken as either fraud, slander or purjury. :-P Anyway, it would be nice if this whole thing took a more friendly turn.

A friend of yours? Why not a friend of mine? I used to be a viable member of Atari society and would like to get back into it. I know very little to nothing about the 5200 though. I mainly developed on the Jaguar, Falcon & 800.

I just didn't like those words that i replied too! I don't think they were appropriate! I don't think the note will lighten the mood for anyone really......you are hijacking his username and poking fun by doing that. So you can help make this whole think a little more friendly by removing that. I see the whole thing as blown out of proportion and everyone deserves 2nd chances. So why don't u get a bit friendlier i don't think u should be insinuatiing something about Shawn with the words you used .....he has lots of friends here! How about if everyone starts over???

By the way i am sorry to hear about your grandmother......losing a loved one is never a good occasion for anyone!

another Shawn :)

Edited by Atarimania75

Ok...

post-4709-1174367523_thumb.jpg

This is the E-bay picture that started all this mess (should anyway see this thread later). Always hate it when cool Ebay pictures scroll off and I have a thread on here I'm reading, they referrence a Ebay auction, and the picture is long gone.

Anyway, when it comes to the cover plastic, I remove that whenever I get the chance.

I'm one of those people that believe that toys should be played with, not stored. Well, suffice to say, I rarely have the money to buy two of something. :)

I am just about ready to kick all of you pansies in the nuts.

Oh yeah, Shawn Sr., while you fight Atari Charles, I'll hold your purse. :P

I hope you don't mind holding my heels either. You spent a fortune on buying them for me and I don't want to seem ungreatful.

I already have a digital camera, it's a very rare one with blue film :-P

That post just made me realize you must be a decent dude to be able to knock on yourself. All is well in my books, I just wish you would have belived me in the first place could have saved alot of headaches eh?

I agree. Lets try to forget this. Please keep something in mind, in text things can come across much differently than intended. If I stay here and post things, I may sound flippant or something, but I'm not. I just kinda crack jokes but don't mean anything bad by them.